Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Scipio

Who the fuck cares?  The man is doing hard time for armed robbery.  This disgraceful chapter of Lance Ito's otherwise unblemished career as the most bearded jurist of Los Angeles should finally be put to bed.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

If OJ pays him to break in and steal some jewelery, and he breaks in and kills two people, wouldn't OJ still be criminally responsible?  I admit I'm not an expert in the inferior laws that your lawyer-priests hold to, but that seems like something I saw on TV once, a long time ago...
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on November 19, 2012, 08:47:12 PM
If OJ pays him to break in and steal some jewelery, and he breaks in and kills two people, wouldn't OJ still be criminally responsible?  I admit I'm not an expert in the inferior laws that your lawyer-priests hold to, but that seems like something I saw on TV once, a long time ago...

Law & Order? Love it! :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: Scipio on November 19, 2012, 08:44:16 PM
Who the fuck cares? 

If OJ himself was on death row for the murders, I guess this might be an important news story.  But given that he was aquitted of criminal murder charges in the matter, I guess this just means that he needs to be charged as an accessory to the theft of a pair of earrings.

merithyn

There's the civil suit. I wonder if this will affect that in any way.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

jimmy olsen

I'm extremely skeptical. I'm going to need to see real proof, not just this guy's word.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 20, 2012, 07:30:16 AM
I'm extremely skeptical. I'm going to need to see real proof, not just this guy's word.

Get on the case
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

Quote from: merithyn on November 20, 2012, 07:11:53 AM
There's the civil suit. I wonder if this will affect that in any way.

Which was why I kind of hedged my bets in my post by specifying the criminal trial.