Miss D.C. to have breasts removed after Miss America pageant.

Started by Syt, November 17, 2012, 01:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 06:01:16 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 05:58:21 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?? :blink:

Are you sure English is your first language?

Yes but I am beginning to think that, as with much else, the English in your part of the world is spoken quite differently so that this actually makes sense as an argument for why Women dont breast feed in the year 2012.

QuoteIn fact, for most of the 1950-1970s, it was considered better for babies to be formula-fed rather than breast-fed. They provided new mothers with pills to dry up the milk all the way up through the 1990s.

I didn't say that that was why women didn't breast feed in the year 2012. I was explaining why Syt had been bottle fed in the 1970s, and that it was common practice everywhere.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 06:02:57 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 06:01:16 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 05:58:21 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?? :blink:

Are you sure English is your first language?

Yes but I am beginning to think that, as with much else, the English in your part of the world is spoken quite differently so that this actually makes sense as an argument for why Women dont breast feed in the year 2012.

QuoteIn fact, for most of the 1950-1970s, it was considered better for babies to be formula-fed rather than breast-fed. They provided new mothers with pills to dry up the milk all the way up through the 1990s.

I didn't say that that was why women didn't breast feed in the year 2012. I was explaining why Syt had been bottle fed in the 1970s, and that it was common practice everywhere.

Ok so what is your argument for Fate comment that few women breast feed anyway so they dont really need their breasts?

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 06:04:50 PM

Ok so what is your argument for Fate comment that few women breast feed anyway so they dont really need their breasts?

Well, I suppose if Fate had actually said that, I'd say that he was right, women don't really need their breasts, though it's not the best case scenario. However, that's not what he said at all. He said that breast-feeding wasn't necessary, which it isn't.

Maximus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 05:53:59 PM
You are defeding the person

Even ignoring facts, who am I defending?

No, I'm just mocking your apparent descent into madness.

This is probably insensitive of me. If you provide a note from your doctor I'll stop.

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 06:08:55 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 06:04:50 PM

Well, I suppose if Fate had actually said that, I'd say that he was right, women don't really need their breasts, though it's not the best case scenario. However, that's not what he said at all. He said that breast-feeding wasn't necessary, which it isn't.

Go back and read what he said deary

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on November 19, 2012, 06:14:58 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 05:53:59 PM
You are defeding the person

No, I'm just mocking your apparent descent into madness.

:jaron:

Your knee jerk jump to her defense on every issue is admirable but she really doesnt need your help.

merithyn

Quote from: Fate on November 19, 2012, 04:49:28 PM
Anyway, 1) she can get human breast milk from a donor AND eliminate her risk for cancer 2) most women don't breast feed all that long anyway once they leave the hospital even if they have two breasts...

:hmm:

Yeah, not really what you're saying at all.

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 06:24:09 PM
Quote from: Fate on November 19, 2012, 04:49:28 PM
Anyway, 1) she can get human breast milk from a donor AND eliminate her risk for cancer 2) most women don't breast feed all that long anyway once they leave the hospital even if they have two breasts...

:hmm:

Yeah, not really what you're saying at all.

Yeah, it is.  If you read what he was responding to.

Anyway I get the feeling there is no point to further discussion.  I am just descending into madness right?

Maximus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 06:19:06 PM
Your knee jerk jump to her defense on every issue is admirable but she really doesnt need your help.
Your pathological need to stalk her from thread to thread is less admirable. Let Raz have his niche, you have Marty's. Surely that's enough?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on November 19, 2012, 06:33:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 06:19:06 PM
Your pathological need to stalk her from thread to thread is less admirable. Let Raz have his niche, you have Marty's. Surely that's enough?

Who the Fuck is stalking who asshole!

OttoVonBismarck

Wait, I don't give two shits about other people breastfeeding their kids or not, but what is this I'm hearing about "not able to breast feed this particular child?" What would have happened 500 years ago in such a situation? Child starving to death? Was this a deficiency of the mother (not producing enough milk?) or the child not taking to the breast? If the former I'd guess we had wet nurses for a reason and even outside of "professional" wet nurses just about every woman who wasn't too old had a good chance of being pregnant or nursing at some point 500 years ago so someone would be able to feed the kid, but if it was the latter cause--the kid not taking to the breast, if that's really a thing I'd think history would have a lot of cases of babies dying from such a psychosis.

Maximus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 06:34:51 PM
Who the Fuck is stalking who asshole!
I'm just concerned for your well being. Sudden changes in personality, especially when they coincide with increasing aggression and degrading rational capabilities, are rarely a good sign.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Maximus on November 19, 2012, 06:42:41 PM
Sudden changes in personality, especially when they coincide with increasing aggression and degrading rational capabilities, are rarely a good sign.

I've been fine with mine.

Maximus

You have an excuse.

Eh, CC may have an excuse too. I've made my point. I'll let it go.