Miss D.C. to have breasts removed after Miss America pageant.

Started by Syt, November 17, 2012, 01:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2012, 05:40:06 PM
:rolleyes:

As the father of two very young boys I am aware of the pros, cons, and history of breastfeeding.

Toughened your nipples, didn't it?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 05:38:46 PM

Quite serious. It's the same in the US. In fact, for most of the 1950-1970s, it was considered better for babies to be formula-fed rather than breast-fed. They provided new mothers with pills to dry up the milk all the way up through the 1990s. It's only been in the last 20 years or so where the benefits of breast feeding has been shown to be the better option here. Plenty of women still choose not to go that route for a variety of reasons.

As the father of two very young boys I am aware of the pros, cons, and history of breastfeeding.

I wasn't sure. Your Canadian counterpart seems to think that it's barbaric not to breast feed in order to live. I wasn't sure how shared that opinion was among your people.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 05:41:52 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 05:38:46 PM

Quite serious. It's the same in the US. In fact, for most of the 1950-1970s, it was considered better for babies to be formula-fed rather than breast-fed. They provided new mothers with pills to dry up the milk all the way up through the 1990s. It's only been in the last 20 years or so where the benefits of breast feeding has been shown to be the better option here. Plenty of women still choose not to go that route for a variety of reasons.

I wasn't sure. Your Canadian counterpart seems to think that it's barbaric not to breast feed in order to live. I wasn't sure how shared that opinion was among your people.

CC is following Seedy into the deep end today.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2012, 05:13:03 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 19, 2012, 05:10:08 PM
So she's gonna bring in children who will carry same such risks?!?!?

Might as well make sure she can't do that too.

It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate cancer gene, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Okay i will say i really haven't been paying attention to this thread, but now i'm really confused.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Maximus

Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2012, 05:43:49 PM
CC is following Seedy into the deep end today.
Today?

I think he's figured having conquered Marty's throne he might as well go after Raz's too.

Malthus

Ah, breast and bottle. Another parenting topic that has people verbally re-creating the Western Front.  :D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on November 19, 2012, 05:45:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2012, 05:13:03 PM
Quote from: katmai on November 19, 2012, 05:10:08 PM
So she's gonna bring in children who will carry same such risks?!?!?

Might as well make sure she can't do that too.

It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate cancer gene, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Okay i will say i really haven't been paying attention to this thread, but now i'm really confused.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79864.html

That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is.

merithyn

Quote from: Malthus on November 19, 2012, 05:47:57 PM
Ah, breast and bottle. Another parenting topic that has people verbally re-creating the Western Front.  :D

No shit. One of the stupidest arguments to have, too. Talk about a "personal parenting" topic!

katmai

Ah see I thought that was where you were coming from, but wasn't sure.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on November 19, 2012, 05:44:42 PM
Why am I not surprised CC is a breastfeeding nut.

I think breast feeding is beneficial.  You are defeding the person that think it isnt based on the fact women took pills to dry up their milk before the dawn of modern medicine.

Now tell me who is the nut here?

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2012, 05:53:59 PM
I think breast feeding is beneficial.  You are defeding the person that think it isnt based on the fact women took pills to dry up their milk before the dawn of modern medicine.

Now tell me who is the nut here?

What the fuck are you talking about?? :blink:

Are you sure English is your first language?

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 05:41:52 PM
Quite serious. It's the same in the US. In fact, for most of the 1950-1970s, it was considered better for babies to be formula-fed rather than breast-fed. They provided new mothers with pills to dry up the milk all the way up through the 1990s. It's only been in the last 20 years or so where the benefits of breast feeding has been shown to be the better option here.

Plenty of women still choose not to go that route for a variety of reasons.

Where in there did I say that breast feeding isn't beneficial? I said that it's a personal choice, and that formula-fed babies aren't harmed by not being breast fed. You really have jumped the shark today.

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 05:58:21 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?? :blink:

Are you sure English is your first language?

Yes but I am beginning to think that, as with much else, the English in your part of the world is spoken quite differently so that this actually makes sense as an argument for why Women dont breast feed in the year 2012.

QuoteIn fact, for most of the 1950-1970s, it was considered better for babies to be formula-fed rather than breast-fed. They provided new mothers with pills to dry up the milk all the way up through the 1990s.