News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on January 14, 2010, 02:02:27 AM
No seriously - anyone live near a Del Taco?  :)

I'm pretty sure I live several thousand miles away from one...

Yeah there aren't any around here either.  Oddly, the only one I ever went to was in Guam, even though I lived in California for a couple of years, I guess it was, after coming back from that deployment.

katmai

dammit everytime i keep trying to talk to MBM in game he breaks the server :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

*sigh*

Managed to log in for ~60 seconds.

Then kicked out again,

Got to go to bed,
:(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:
"Nope, get out"
*servers take a shit*

So what do you lose when your ship gets blown up?  I was shooting at badguys when everything crashed.

katmai

I was trying to say saw two different screens about the chat channel, one said no one was in it, other had us in so that is why i asked my question :P

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 14, 2010, 03:07:32 AM
*sigh*

Managed to log in for ~60 seconds.

Then kicked out again,

Got to go to bed,
:(

It was enough time for me to finish exploring sector and complete my mission.
only 3 lvls to go for 2nd ship.

Tamas

I will give it an other whirl tonight, but I am pretty sure I will pre-order. And just about stop playing the beta, except for figuring out what my main will be.

As I said, I am quite impressed with the immersion level of these early missions but I am not going to ruin them by getting bored with them on this highly buggy beta thing. Let them fix it up, and I'll play for real from February.

Tamas

lol Klingon PVP comment:

Quoteive noticed that alot in pvp, while im sure im not the master klingon yet, im always top dps because as a good klingon i know my weapon power setting needs to be as high as the gods of battle will let me set it, and then i overcharge it beyond that with my tacticle buffs.  i also notice alot of others havent figured out strategic battle cloaking yet, you can actually park right up your enemies backside within otimal cannon range, pop all your dps buffs, decloak, wtfpwnthatnewbintheass, and escape to do it again.

Well thats nice if you can and should do that, because that is how it supposed to be with Klingon ships I guess

Grey Fox

I think I completed the tutorial. I want to try other chars too but At this rate, I won't have time.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on January 14, 2010, 08:10:20 AM
:lol:

hey tamas what is your handle in game?

Tarsyk, dont remember my character's name.

katmai

DontSayBanana

I got in yesterday; still in the tutorial, but the speed's been OK for me so far- I only started running into lag on Vega Colony.  I was gonna say that it didn't hang at all, but I did have to kill it when the exit menu stopped responding.

If they can stabilize the servers somewhat, I'm afraid I may just have to plop down and get the game pre-ordered.
Experience bij!

Strix

So, how would you rate the game at this point (buggy beta and server issues aside)? Is it like EVE or something different?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Grey Fox

It is nothing like Eve. It's no spreadsheet in space
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.