News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2010, 09:15:34 PM
Ah.

Ultimately Count, I decided what I wanted most (TOS uniforms) and ordered something that gave me that.  Unlike Moneybags Katmai I only purchased the game once.

I'm sorry some of us aren't silly enough to go into gubmint work!

:P

I'm sure all the wargamers here have spent more for a single game then the $125.00 I did for two copies of this.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 04, 2010, 09:20:25 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2010, 09:15:34 PM
Ah.

Ultimately Count, I decided what I wanted most (TOS uniforms) and ordered something that gave me that.  Unlike Moneybags Katmai I only purchased the game once.

I'm sorry some of us aren't silly enough to go into gubmint work!

:P

I'm sure all the wargamers here have spent more for a single game then the $125.00 I did for two copies of this.

Are you seriously referencing wargamers as people exhibiting sound fiscal prudence?  Really?  Honestly?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2010, 09:22:50 PM

Are you seriously referencing wargamers as people exhibiting sound fiscal prudence?  Really?  Honestly?

God no, just saying people are worse than me. :)

And as i've said before my biggest :nerd: things from growing up were Wargames, Comics and Star Trek. I don't collect comics so much, and wargames even less as when i do buy them, they never get played (I'm talking to you seedy!) so I'm a sucker lapping up the money making bonus offers they are selling :blush:

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on January 03, 2010, 05:53:29 PM
A quick google reveals:

QuoteJack Emmert of Cryptic confirmed with AP that even though they purchased the license from Perpetual Entertainment shortly before they went belly up, Cryptic started over: Emmert stated:

We took no assets. There was nothing to be had, to be honest. We're building everything from the ground up.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/08/09/first-details-emerge-on-new-star-trek-online-new-in-game-images/

It gives a link to an AP story, but that link appears to be dead due to the age of it.
See, now that wasn't so hard, was it?  Why not just do that to start with, rather than citing some random anonymous dude writing in wikipedia?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on January 04, 2010, 09:38:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 03, 2010, 05:53:29 PM
A quick google reveals:

QuoteJack Emmert of Cryptic confirmed with AP that even though they purchased the license from Perpetual Entertainment shortly before they went belly up, Cryptic started over: Emmert stated:

We took no assets. There was nothing to be had, to be honest. We're building everything from the ground up.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/08/09/first-details-emerge-on-new-star-trek-online-new-in-game-images/

It gives a link to an AP story, but that link appears to be dead due to the age of it.
See, now that wasn't so hard, was it?  Why not just do that to start with, rather than citing some random anonymous dude writing in wikipedia?

Because it took several additional minutes than initially linking Wikipedia.

You know the large majority of the time wikipedia is correct.  As such I think that a wikipedia link should be considered prima facie proof of what it says.  In the absence of evidence to the contrary, wiki can be accepted.  It is however not definitive proof, and someone should always be at liberty to try and disprove what wiki says.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2010, 09:42:47 PM
You know the large majority of the time wikipedia is correct.  As such I think that a wikipedia link should be considered prima facie proof of what it says.  In the absence of evidence to the contrary, wiki can be accepted.  It is however not definitive proof, and someone should always be at liberty to try and disprove what wiki says.
Well, you can cite any made-up stuff you like, but frankly, it is more credible if you just say "I think that..." than if you say "I read on wiki that..."

But whatever works.  I am perfectly happy to mock you for being credulous enough to believe that "in the absence of evidence to the contrary, wiki can be accepted." Just don't try that line with anyone whose proper reaction to that kind of gullibility can harm your career (bosses, co-workers, judges, etc).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on January 04, 2010, 10:19:45 PM
Well, you can cite any made-up stuff you like, but frankly, it is more credible if you just say "I think that..." than if you say "I read on wiki that..."

I disagree with that statement. :mellow:

katmai

Stop, just stop. Take it to another thread or PM's will ya?

starbright

I am too much of a trekkie, so I will get it. But it will probably suck. And that makes me sad. :cry:

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 04, 2010, 10:27:07 PM
Stop, just stop. Take it to another thread or PM's will ya?

Never!  Grumbler's black on the right side face is obviously wrong! I mean look at him!

Syt

Any word on the gameplay? Is it much like Champions Online (i.e. 95% action) or is there some other angle involved (crafting, exploration ...)?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Only heard from 3-4 sources as in closed beta it's still covered by NDA but more action than not.

Tamas

I have yet to see crafting mentioned, which is of course good, there are replicators of course (which, btw, act as low-price selling tools for your phat loot)

And as others here, I am having serious problems resisting to preorder  :blush:

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

Is there any way that I can get the borg and trill in one package?  Those are the only two that I'm really trying to get.  :shutup:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain