News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on January 03, 2010, 04:29:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIRGoVMARTc

10min video showing character creation, and some of the options/customizations available in game (Race(Characteristics, Looks), Uniform design)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6A6pMO_WKM

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on January 03, 2010, 09:57:51 AM
I don't like the idea of customized races.  Likely the result will be 80% of players will be from some stupid looking race instead of from one of the ones that actually widely populate the universe in the ST setting.

Too bad there was this recent sci-fi action movie titled Star Trek, otherwise the assmonkey teenagers and Ed would stay away from it.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on January 03, 2010, 10:03:31 AM
Quote from: Caliga on January 03, 2010, 09:57:51 AM
I don't like the idea of customized races.  Likely the result will be 80% of players will be from some stupid looking race instead of from one of the ones that actually widely populate the universe in the ST setting.

Too bad there was this recent sci-fi action movie titled Star Trek, otherwise the assmonkey teenagers and Ed would stay away from it.

I am staying away from it. I don't want to be in the same fleet with the rest of you people.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 03, 2010, 10:14:05 AM
I am staying away from it. I don't want to be in the same fleet with the rest of you people.

Monkeybutt's mailbox says "Ceti Alpha V" on it.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 02, 2010, 08:49:14 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on January 02, 2010, 08:46:32 PM
Well I'm torn over whether to go with the borg, trill, or the constitution class.   :yuk:

Heh, yeah which is why I'm spending too much money as apparently you can combine all the pre-orders into one account if I've been reading the forums correctly.

But on the plus side is i'll start with 2months "free" playtime :P

:rolleyes:

Of course I was tempted to do that as well...  :blush:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2010, 01:29:40 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 03, 2010, 10:14:05 AM

Monkeybutt's mailbox says "Ceti Alpha V" on it.

We are not one big happy fleet!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Jaron

This actually does look more polished than about 99% of the mmos that get released.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Quote from: Jaron on January 03, 2010, 04:08:28 PM
This actually does look more polished than about 99% of the mmos that get released.

Well I know that Cryptic got the rights to game in 2008 when the previous company folded, so even though they have only been on it for about a year, it had quite a bit to start with content wise.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 03, 2010, 04:10:53 PM

Well I know that Cryptic got the rights to game in 2008 when the previous company folded, so even though they have only been on it for about a year, it had quite a bit to start with content wise.

I thought I read they acquired almost nothing usable beyond a few artistic drawings.  Certainly since they're using their own in-house engine they didn't acquire any useful code.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 03, 2010, 04:23:08 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 03, 2010, 04:10:53 PM

I thought I read they acquired almost nothing usable beyond a few artistic drawings.  Certainly since they're using their own in-house engine they didn't acquire any useful code.

I'll defer to you, I just knew that the previous company had been on the game since like 2006 :lol:

katmai

And seems like more and more videos popping up with the Closed beta ending this week.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HailingFrequency#p/u/0/vx8HEH7Tmvc

Grey Fox

They learned alot from Champions, hopefully that is.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 03, 2010, 04:35:34 PM
They learned alot from Champions, hopefully that is.

And don't forget Cryptic were the guys behind City of Heroes as well. So been in MMO's since before 2004