The Benghazi Bullshit Thread: because we can't have enough

Started by CountDeMoney, November 15, 2012, 06:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

The exit polling results, the fact the Romney's attack in the 2nd debate notoriously went over like a lead balloon, and the fact that Romney shied away from mentioning it during the entire foreign policy debate are all strong indicators the issue had zero traction with the general public.  If there is evidence that there is widespread outrage over the President's handling outside of a core group of GOP punditocracy, the burden has now shifted to the proponent of that hypothesis to adduce proof at this point.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Today China, for better or worse, choose it's new leadership for the next decade; meanwhile sections of America's political classes act like last man standing is an appropriate way to run a country.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 15, 2012, 07:03:32 PM
Lets put lead in our dog food and toothpaste too.

Oh please. Those responsible have been taken out back and shot ages ago.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on November 15, 2012, 07:21:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 15, 2012, 07:03:32 PM
Lets put lead in our dog food and toothpaste too.

Oh please. Those responsible have been taken out back and shot ages ago.

A billion more to go.

garbon

I'm thinking we should retroactively get a one child policy. Ed off to the gaol.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2012, 07:26:57 PM
I'm thinking we should retroactively get a one child policy. Ed off to the gaol.

That would be unfortunate for my younger brother, but better him than me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on November 15, 2012, 07:26:57 PM

Breeders rule!

CountDeMoney

Oh, Johnny....

QuoteWhile Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., was leading a press conference Wednesday to condemn the administration's lack of transparency regarding the attacks in Benghazi, Libya, it turns out he could have been attending a classified briefing on the subject.

Due to what his office called a "scheduling error," McCain accompanied Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., at 11:30 a.m., Wednesday to demand before reporters a select committee of Congress to investigate the violence in Libya, rather than attend the scheduled 11 a.m. closed-door briefing for members of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. At his press conference, McCain continued to rail on the president and his administration - including U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice - for botched handling of information in the aftermath of the attack.

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, the ranking Republican on the committee, reneged slightly from a report today that she was critical of McCain for missing the meeting, but maintained it's important he's fully briefed on intelligence, and disagreed with his call for a select committee.

"All I was trying to point out is that he's a very valuable member of our committee," she told CBS News. "He would be involved in all the briefings and the hearings and the investigation, and thus I don't think that it's necessary to create a whole new separate committee."

McCain told CBS News he hadn't yet viewed the thousands of pages of classified emails, telegrams, and intelligence reports that the State Department made available to the committee. As a member, he can access the documents by visiting a secure room on the Hill. Collins hasn't requested that viewing either but attended the briefing and viewed whatever documents were presented there.

When asked Thursday about the briefing, McCain reportedly grew angry and told a CNN producer, "I have no comment about my schedule, and I'm not going to comment on how I spend my time to the media." Pressed on why he wouldn't comment, McCain said, "I have the right as a senator to have no comment. And who the hell are you to tell me I can or not?"

Meanwhile, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., another member of the Homeland Security committee, also missed the briefing, but did an interview on CNN the same day attacking Mr. Obama for his handling of the Benghazi attack, and, at one point, admitting, "I don't know enough of the details."

Razgovory

I don't know what to say to that.  It's sad and bizarre.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017