UK student facing trial for spreading pro-liberty propaganda

Started by Syt, November 12, 2012, 08:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 12, 2012, 08:59:29 AM
It seems a shame that the police themselves can not be charged with wasting police time  :hmm:

Dixon wouldn't have been ignored and dixon wouldn't have ended up in a shitstorm like this.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

merithyn

Quote from: Brazen on November 12, 2012, 08:41:27 AM
When was the last time you saw children playing hopscotch or found a friendly stationers where you could purchase ordinary playground chalk?

:lol:

Around here, the campus sidewalks are so full of chalk messages, drawings, and yes, sometimes even hopscotch, that you can't spit without hitting someone's artwork. There is constantly chalk writings in front of bars, restaurants, and even the public libraries. It's so ubiquitous that I notice when it's missing more than I notice when it's there.

This seems beyond ridiculous. He wasn't writing anything that was offensive. He was using walk-away chalk. And unless he was in some way blocking traffic or affecting the general flow of passersby, I really don't see the point of this.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Viking

Quote from: merithyn on November 12, 2012, 03:08:46 PM
Quote from: Brazen on November 12, 2012, 08:41:27 AM
When was the last time you saw children playing hopscotch or found a friendly stationers where you could purchase ordinary playground chalk?

:lol:

Around here, the campus sidewalks are so full of chalk messages, drawings, and yes, sometimes even hopscotch, that you can't spit without hitting someone's artwork. There is constantly chalk writings in front of bars, restaurants, and even the public libraries. It's so ubiquitous that I notice when it's missing more than I notice when it's there.

This seems beyond ridiculous. He wasn't writing anything that was offensive. He was using walk-away chalk. And unless he was in some way blocking traffic or affecting the general flow of passersby, I really don't see the point of this.

The lesson here is that one should listen to police officers when they ask nicely. Piss one off and he can fuck your day up.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on November 12, 2012, 03:11:46 PM
The lesson here is that one should listen to police officers when they ask nicely. Piss one off and he can fuck your day up.

And it seems the officers feel completely comfortable wasting thousands in public funds to teach a singular random person this lesson.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Most of the time, I'm willing to agree with that. In this case, however, it seems like harassment on the part of the officers. Kind of like arresting the one black kid for jaywalking while ignoring the 12 whites ones who do it. (Which does happen here with some regularity.) The guy may have been annoying, but arrest-worthy? Hmm, no.

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on November 12, 2012, 03:15:06 PM

And it seems the officers feel completely comfortable wasting thousands in public funds to teach a singular random person this lesson.

A rule of thumb that has always stood me in good stead is to always follow instructions from police officers, security guards, wait staff at bars and restaurants and bouncers. I never get into trouble.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on November 12, 2012, 03:27:16 PM
A rule of thumb that has always stood me in good stead is to always follow instructions from police officers, security guards, wait staff at bars and restaurants and bouncers. I never get into trouble.

I am not disagreeing with the principle.  I do the same and have never got into trouble either.  Of course I do not live under the oppressive tyranny of the British Government so I have no reason to rebel.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on November 12, 2012, 03:34:06 PM

I am not disagreeing with the principle.  I do the same and have never got into trouble either.  Of course I do not live under the oppressive tyranny of the British Government so I have no reason to rebel.

No person living in a polity that denies beer to 18 year olds can call one that doesn't an oppressive tyranny.

Neil

That's what public order is based on.  You libertarians can go fuck yourselves.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on November 12, 2012, 03:45:40 PM

That's what public order is based on.  You libertarians can go fuck yourselves.

Public order is based on spending lots of money to teach one person a lesson?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Just to echo P.W. comment, you're seriously need to change you username to something more appropriate, may I suggest 'Wuss'.

So a guy puts on a yellow high-vis jacket with 'security' written on it and you feel obliged to do and say what he 'thinks' appropriate. :blink:

I've had security people say the most ludicrous things to me on occasion, like "oh you can't hand out leaflets on the high street as it breaks health an safety regulations" or "what if you upset someone" etc.
Should I kowtow to any tom,dick and harry and be grateful at the same time.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Think I could just petition for the 5000 pounds and promise not to write in chalk? I need it for dental work. :)

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on November 12, 2012, 03:54:42 PM
Think I could just petition for the 5000 pounds and promise not to write in chalk? I need it for dental work. :)

Truly you are British in spirit and all, saving just the passport. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"