News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama, Part II: Remodeling the cabinetry

Started by CountDeMoney, November 08, 2012, 04:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

"Sweaters" Santorum on Strategos Petraeus:

Quote"It's very disturbing," Santorum says. "We all have our personal failings and none of us are perfect but to put yourself in that type of position and engage in activity which could compromise your ability to do your job is something that is very very disturbing and shows incredibly poor judgement."

Santorum is disturbed not only because Petraeus broke his marital vows "but for putting himself in a position that could compromise the agency."

That's why he had to resign.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2012, 04:46:02 PM
I look forward to the conspiracy theories saying this is all about the great Benghazi scandal.

Though I am still not sure why I am supposed to be scandalized at anybody besides Islamic Terrorists :hmm:

Just tune in to Fox News  :bleeding:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I look forward to the conspiracy theories saying this is all about the great Benghazi scandal.

Though I am still not sure why I am supposed to be scandalized at anybody besides Islamic Terrorists :hmm:

Here's a conspiracy theory:  The Benghazi attack wasn't actually Obama's fault and there is no evidence of malice on the part of administration.  It is in fact a bad thing that happened in a war torn country, and even with added security the ambassador may have been killed.  Accurate information on the nature of the attacks has been hard to come by because of the chaotic and dangerous nature of current Libya.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 09, 2012, 04:51:22 PM
No mere man, I don't care how good and clean and righteous he may be, can hold out indefinitely in the face of such an amoral onslaught of "me first" and "if it feels good, do it" that you get from the Obama Cadre. I pity General Petraeus, that he had to endure the company of the Obama Cabinet and now he's taken on their taint.

Damn.  Who knew the Obama administration was full of irresistable succubi?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2012, 05:08:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 09, 2012, 04:51:22 PM
No mere man, I don't care how good and clean and righteous he may be, can hold out indefinitely in the face of such an amoral onslaught of "me first" and "if it feels good, do it" that you get from the Obama Cadre. I pity General Petraeus, that he had to endure the company of the Obama Cabinet and now he's taken on their taint.

Damn.  Who knew the Obama administration was full of irresistable succubi?

Democrats. What do you expect?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on November 09, 2012, 05:01:18 PM
Just tune in to Fox News  :bleeding:

:lol:  Seriously?  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 09, 2012, 04:53:22 PM
Quote from: Strix on November 09, 2012, 03:56:59 PM
It is obvious from the timing. Obama won the election so he gets to re-write the history of what happened at Benghazi. He cannot go after Hillary so he gets Petraeus out of office puts a lickspittle in his place who willing shifts the blame to the CIA (and it's outgoing Chief). End of story, everyone goes home happy.

Someone remind me to invest in the tin foil business.  That stuff always sells.

Seriously you should, it's the spirit of the age; Gordon Brown recently gave a presentation at the UN, one person turned up, whereas David Icke (we need a spit smile), the other weekend got a sellout 6,000 at Wembley arena to listen to his 11+ hour rant. :bleeding:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on November 09, 2012, 05:05:36 PM

Here's a conspiracy theory:  The Benghazi attack wasn't actually Obama's fault and there is no evidence of malice on the part of administration.  It is in fact a bad thing that happened in a war torn country, and even with added security the ambassador may have been killed.  Accurate information on the nature of the attacks has been hard to come by because of the chaotic and dangerous nature of current Libya.

Indeed.

I think I should break out my copy of 'Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds '

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on November 09, 2012, 05:24:59 PM
It is obvious from the timing. Obama won the election so he gets to re-write the history of what happened at Benghazi. He cannot go after Hillary so he gets Petraeus out of office puts a lickspittle in his place who willing shifts the blame to the CIA (and it's outgoing Chief). End of story, everyone goes home happy.

Seriously you should, it's the spirit of the age; Gordon Brown recently gave a presentation at the UN, one person turned up, whereas David Icke (we need a spit smile), the other weekend got a sellout 6,000 at Wembley arena to listen to his 11+ hour rant. :bleeding:

That's a lot of people who believe in giant blood sucking morphing lizards.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on November 09, 2012, 05:34:21 PM

That's a lot of people who believe in giant blood sucking morphing lizards.

What can I say, mix conspiracy, hate, and paranoia in equal measure, stir fry in self-obsession and serve with a dash of anti-Semitism as a garnish, it's the 'in' cuisine at the moment.

Ed Anger

Why would anybody in their right mind go listen to Gordon Brown?

Valmy

Wait you can just go into the UN and hear statesmen give talks?  Who knew?

Ed Anger

mongers

OMG Conspiracy !!!!!

There falling like nine-pins:

Lockheed Martin executive quits over relationship

US defence company Lockheed Martin says its incoming president and chief executive officer has resigned over a relationship with a subordinate.

Christopher Kubasik resigned after an internal ethics investigation confirmed the "close personal relationship", the company said in a statement.

He was due to take over as head of the company next year after serving as its chief operating officer.

Rest of item here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20277710

Valmy