News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Went for a walk around Hofburg and KHM/NHM.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I was thinking, perhaps Hungarians should demand the removal of some of those statues to de-colonise Austrian history. :P

mongers

Slowly cycling through a herd of cattle on a back-road never gets old; for some reason I find cows amusing.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Vienna in the morning, Vienna in the early evening.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Jacob

Malthus

Out and about: my wife and I go for walks along the local street every night, usually pretty late, and we have noticed that there is this second-floor orthodontist's office that is quite often lit up and with some people moving around in it at night, way past the time everything else is long closed down.

We call this place "the Midnight Orthodontist". They aren't always open late, but often they are.

What procedures could they be doing that late, and why?  :ph34r:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

they kind doctors do with their secretaries late at night :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on October 21, 2021, 11:55:13 AM

Wrong profession: it is dentists that fill cavities, not orthodontists.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on October 21, 2021, 11:35:05 AM

They could have longer work hours some days of the week and finish sooner or be closed on Fridays.

The staff could be staying a little later after their last appointment to fill paper work.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on October 21, 2021, 12:00:48 PM
Quote from: HVC on October 21, 2021, 11:55:13 AM

Wrong profession: it is dentists that fill cavities, not orthodontists.  :P

I used to go out with a dental hygienist. :hmm:

Yep. Sounds right.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on October 21, 2021, 12:11:58 PM

They could have longer work hours some days of the week and finish sooner or be closed on Fridays.

The staff could be staying a little later after their last appointment to fill paper work.

Probably (or having the cleaning staff in), but that is boring.  :P I was thinking more along the lines of teeth straightening for vampires. Or Lovecraftian horrors. 

Syt

Out and about: my wife and I go for walks along the local street every night, usually pretty late, and we have noticed that there is this second-floor orthodontist's office that is quite often lit up and with some people moving around in it at night, way past the time everything else is long closed down.

We call this place "the Midnight Orthodontist". They aren't always open late, but often they are.

[insert moth joke]
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Damn Dartmoor was wet this morning, I did consider sprinting up a couple of the high tors, but I knew I'd get soaked and didn't fancy travelling back on public transport for 140 miles in wet boots and clothes.

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on November 10, 2021, 03:51:02 PM
Damn Dartmoor was wet this morning, I did consider sprinting up a couple of the high tors, but I knew I'd get soaked and didn't fancy travelling back on public transport for 140 miles in wet boots and clothes.

Can't blame ya there. Getting soaked makes for a miserable walk about.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on November 10, 2021, 08:55:17 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 10, 2021, 03:51:02 PM

Can't blame ya there. Getting soaked makes for a miserable walk about.

Indeed, KRonn, how are you doing?