Rising demands for Venetian Independence

Started by Lettow77, November 06, 2012, 04:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/9589732/Mass-rally-in-Venice-to-call-for-independence-from-Italy.html

How auspiciously timed! The level of support seems quite high, and momentum is on their side.

All throughout Europe, political events seem to be going wonderfully.  :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maladict

MadImmortalMan

These "independence movements" are just a roundabout way to try to dump their debt and escape. It's like rats running from a burning building.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

celedhring

The "Repubblica Veneta", as it would be known, would encompass about five million people.

Only morons would give up the chance of calling themselves "Serenissima Repubblica"

Razgovory

Are these those fascists Northern League guys?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

Quote from: Razgovory on November 06, 2012, 06:58:28 AM
Are these those fascists Northern League guys?

In all but name. It being Italy, there have to be splinter groups and endless infighting to make sure nothing will be achieved.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Eddie Teach

QuoteIt may sound crazy but I think Veneto will become independent before Scotland or Catalonia.

That makes sense to me. Unlike those others, Venice's glory days were spent as an independent entity.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

:bleeding:

It is like the Europeans are trying to destroy themselves.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2012, 08:24:36 AM
:bleeding:

It is like the Europeans are trying to destroy themselves.

That is sort of their way, isn't it?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

QuoteThe "Repubblica Veneta", as it would be known, would encompass about five million people.

That's more people than many EU countries can boast.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Will they seize the Dalmatian coast? Will they be ready for the Aztec onslaught?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive