New York man crushed by giant crucifix has leg amputated

Started by garbon, November 05, 2012, 03:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/york-man-crushed-giant-crucifix-leg-amputated-191700439.html

QuoteA deeply religious New York man who believes a church's giant crucifix cured his wife of cancer had his own leg amputated after the same crucifix collapsed on top of him.

CBS New York reports that the accident occurred when 45-year-old David Jimenez was cleaning the 600-pound-crucifix, which was allegedly held up by a single screw. Jimenez has been a frequent visitor to the Church of St. Patrick, where he made regular stops to pray for his wife, who is now cancer free.

"The screw is useless. It supported no anchoring system," said Jimenez's attorney Kevin Kitson said. "David attributed the cure to his devotion to that cross."

Kitson told the Digital Journal Jimenez is planning to sue the church for $3 million after losing his leg, which will prevent him from returning to his job at a pizza restaurant. The church has reportedly raised about $7,000 for Jimenez's recovery effort so far.

Kitson said the legal liability should reside with the church for, "telling someone to go forward with an action and causing this accident."

:hmm:

So deeply religious, believes the crucifix cured his wife of cancer but is now suing church because that same miracle object killed his leg.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Clearly God meant for his leg to be amputated so he could sue the church and get paid lots of money. Mysterious ways.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Saladin

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 05, 2012, 03:16:24 PM
Clearly God meant for his leg to be amputated so he could sue the church and get paid lots of money. Mysterious ways.

Praise the Lord!  :unsure:
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

garbon

Quote from: Saladin on November 07, 2012, 09:13:22 AM

Praise the Lord!  :unsure:

:o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

The Ed Anger gambit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2012, 09:25:21 AM

The Ed Anger gambit.

:blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

The pins in Ed's leg are bigger than Christ's crucifixion spikes anyway.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Brazen

Jesus walks into a hotel, puts three nails on the reception desk and says, "Can you put me up for the night?"

Grey Fox

God always comes out even. Wife cancer for you leg. Doesn't it seem fair?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 07, 2012, 11:21:13 AM
God always comes out even. Wife cancer for you leg. Doesn't it seem fair?

Actually, it's a bargain.  I'd expect it to cost an arm and a leg, but it only cost him a leg. :D
Experience bij!

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!