News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Empathy makes you stupid

Started by MadImmortalMan, November 02, 2012, 03:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on November 04, 2012, 07:02:12 PM
the amount of empathy a  forum has is proportional to the number of lawyers who are members? Who would have guessed? :D

Well, for truely impressive empathy, one usually looks to accountants ...  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

I guess you missed what I was doing, M.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2012, 10:26:31 AM
:mad:

You could be right? You have all the right qualifications? Quit the exam taking business & go for glory.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2012, 10:55:02 AM
I guess you missed what I was doing, M.

I got it.  I just wanted to stick my oar in.  ;)

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on November 05, 2012, 10:05:51 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 04, 2012, 07:02:12 PM
the amount of empathy a  forum has is proportional to the number of lawyers who are members? Who would have guessed? :D

Well, for truely impressive empathy, one usually looks to accountants ...  :P
numbers have no feelings to emphasize with. Mix an account with a lawyer, though, and you get Enron. We should not mix :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 05, 2012, 11:01:11 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2012, 10:26:31 AM
:mad:

You could be right? You have all the right qualifications? Quit the exam taking business & go for glory.
No.  There is little in common between what I do, and what accountants do.