Tea Party gets its own dedicated news site not named Fox

Started by CountDeMoney, November 01, 2012, 08:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

http://www.tpnn.com/

QuoteTea Party conservatives are getting their very own news site.

The Tea Party News Network, self-described as "the only trusted news source and the antidote to mainstream media bias," is already live but will announce its launch tomorrow morning, with plans to start live video on election day. TPNN claims to have a "war room of 40-plus volunteers" who will operate out of the Venetian Resort in Las Vegas, and has established partnerships with the Talk Radio Network and radio host Rusty Humphries, who will be co-anchoring the election night coverage.

"There are plenty of news websites out there, but there isn't one that caters directly to Tea Party conservatives, providing activists with coverage and opinion that matters to them. The Tea Party News Network changes that," Todd Cefaratti, editor of the Tea Party News Network, said in a statement for the forthcoming press release.

As with many right-wing news sites, TPNN puts heavy emphasis on the anti-mainstream media message: "We don't need our supposed betters in the mainstream media telling us which stories matter or what we should think. We don't mindlessly mimic the talking points of Washington leaders. The Tea Party movement now has a home for news it can trust."

Truth be told, it's not as though Tea Party conservatives have been homeless on the web. Most right-wing news and opinion sites, including the Media Research Center and the Breitbart network, cater to those who would label themselves members of the Tea Party. But this is the first site of its scope to apply the branding and assert itself as "the voice of the Tea Party." Cefaratti is also promising to be "a vigilant watchdog on Washington's leaders regardless of the outcome of the November election."

"TPNN is not going to be just any other conservative backwater on the Internet," said Keith Urbahn, who heads the PR firm promoting the site and recently served as chief of staff to former Sec. of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

Election coverage will be co-hosted by Humphries and TPNN News Director Scottie Nell Hughes, with a particular focus on Tea Party-backed candidates like Ted Cruz, Allen West, Michelle Bachmann, and Mia Love.

So far, it gets points from me for actually using "Rapetastic" in a story headline.

Neil

Apparently the Benghazi coverup was worse than Watergate.

1.  Watergate wasn't bad.

2.  If Richard Nixon were alive today, he'd drop napalm on the Tea Party people.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on November 01, 2012, 10:11:20 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 01, 2012, 08:23:11 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 01, 2012, 08:09:12 AM

Except for the part about getting caught.

And the bit about perverting the electoral process.

:rolleyes:  You're no fun.

Watergate does not bother me.  Does your conscience bother you?  Tell the truth.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: derspiess on November 01, 2012, 10:16:32 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 01, 2012, 08:23:11 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 01, 2012, 08:09:12 AM

Except for the part about getting caught.

:rolleyes:  You're no fun.

Watergate does not bother me.  Does your conscience bother you?  Tell the truth.
I wonder how sweet Alabamer really is.
PDH!

Valmy

Nixon was never going to lose to McGovern anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2012, 10:38:53 AM

Nixon was never going to lose to McGovern anyway.

Which makes it even more disturbing.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 01, 2012, 10:40:42 AM
Birmingham is a nice little town, at least around UAB.

Yeah, it is, everything bordering UAB is nice.  But it is way too fucking hot down there, and they don't like Northerners.

Darth Wagtaros

Too hot for my tastes.  Isn't Alton Brown from Alabamer? Or was that Georgier?
PDH!

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 10:42:36 AM
Yeah, it is, everything bordering UAB is nice.  But it is way too fucking hot down there, and they don't like Northerners.

I don't think I ever got any shit for being a Yankee down south.  But maybe I blend in well without knowing :ph34r:

I think the only place I've traveled recently where I really stuck out was with my customer in Staten Island.  But my extensive knowledge of the Godfather movies gave me an in with them.  They even gave me an Italian name by adding a vowel to my last name and letting me pick my first name.  I became: Vinnie Brammeri :wop:

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 01, 2012, 11:02:45 AM
I hear Neil Young songs are very popular down there.

Southern man don't need him around anyhow.