And we're back!

Main Menu

What are your Hallowe'en plans tonight?

Started by Barrister, October 31, 2012, 02:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on October 31, 2012, 02:52:58 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 02:20:35 PM
Pick up kids, rush home, give neighbors a bucket of candy to hand out for me, put up sign on front door, get costumes on both kids, then put winter coats over them so nobody will be able to tell what they're dressed as, and rush over to my brother's house.  If I'm 2 minutes late I'm sure my sister in law will start taking her kids around without me.  Cuz everything's always on her damned stay-at-home-mom schedule.

Payoff will be later tonight, sneaking Reese cups out of Tommy's bag o candy.

As an adult, surely honestly obtained Reese's cups are not beyond your grasp? :P

Watch movies, have sex, go to sleep early.  That's what's on my schedule anyway.

Part of the fun of being a parent is inspecting their candy and exacting a toll. Reese cups, snickers and smarties being the targets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 31, 2012, 02:57:46 PM
Part of the fun of being a parent is inspecting their candy and exacting a toll. Reese cups, snickers and smarties being the targets.

I call it "Daddy Tax".  Never too early for them to learn what taxes are like.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 03:32:47 PM

In that case you should take a third of his candy and redistribute it to the kids who got less trick-or-treating.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Libertarian fathers call it a fee for services rendered.
PDH!

crazy canuck

I miss going out with the boys.  They shouldnt be allowed to grow up so fast.

Enjoy this time.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2012, 03:36:33 PM

In that case you should take a third of his candy and redistribute it to the kids who got less trick-or-treating.

Or, take a third of his candy, say you are going to reditribute it to needy kids, and instead give it to your wife to bribe your wife into giving you a BJ.

Have the kid learn the harsh realities of politics!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2012, 03:36:33 PM

Then tell him that next year you are outsourcing his candy collecting duties to his younger sibling or cousin who will do it for less of a cut.
PDH!

garbon

Drinking in an illuminated part of the city. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2012, 02:49:02 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 31, 2012, 02:43:46 PM
Taking Carl out trick or treating.  :)

His costume turned out awesome, if I do say so myself.  :D He's a samurai, in full armour. Pics to follow later.

The baby is dressed up like a skeleton.  My toddler was supposed to be a pirate but he made such a fuss at the custome store he ended up being Thomas the Tank Engine.  Ah well it is all trains all the time it seems.

:D

Timmy has already moved past Thomas it seems, though not trains in general.  He loves playing with his wooden trains, and he often wants to also have the Mighty Machines episode on trains playing (for inspiration I guess).

We got him a batman costume, which he kind of liked, but he really doesn't know from batman.  And it turned out to be too small anyways.  So at another store we found an elephant costume.  Timmy likes elephants as much as he likes trains.

Baby has a pumpkin costume.  He looks cute in it of course.  But all he'll do in that costume is get driven over to his grandparents to be shown off by my wife.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

Think I'll make a sky pirate costume for next year. 
PDH!

Barrister

But apparently Timmy, when asked, doesn't want to go out trick or treating, or at lest doesn't want to wear his elephant costume. :(

I bet he'll change his mind when the first kids come by.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 31, 2012, 03:37:18 PM
I miss going out with the boys.  They shouldnt be allowed to grow up so fast.

Enjoy this time.

Yep.  Halloween is second only to Christmas as far as best days to be the parent of a young child, but it was close for us.  My ex-mother in law was great at making costumes, off the top of my head I remember an amazing Snow White and great gypsy costume she made by hand.  I miss how excited the kids were about their costumes.

CountDeMoney

And it's not even midnight yet,

QuoteThree men were shot and one was stabbed on Halloween night in Baltimore, according to Baltimore police.

About 7:18 p.m., police responded to the 1000 block of N. Broadway in the Gay Street neighborhood of East Baltimore, just north of the Kennedy Krieger Institute and Johns Hopkins Hospital, and found a man shot, police said.

About 8:16 p.m., police said another man was found shot in the 5300 block of Carriage Court in the Westgate neighborhood of Southwest Baltimore, just south of North Bend Elementary school.

About 8:30 p.m., police were called to a Southwest Baltimore area hospital where a man had arrived with a gunshot wound to the arm, police said.

Silbert said detectives were looking into whether the two Southwest shootings were related.

Police were also investigating the stabbing of a man that occurred about 6:10 p.m. at the intersection of S. Carey and James streets in the Washington Village/Pigtown neighborhood, near Carroll Park in South Baltimore.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Halloween happened yesterday in this part of the world.  We had dinner at home, and stayed home for the rest of the night.  Just like most nights.