Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4bn, new Star Wars movie in 2015

Started by Solmyr, October 30, 2012, 03:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Wow, that's pretty big. So I guess Lucas is retiring now?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

This can only be a good thing.  New Star Wars movies were always an inevitability; but this way, we didn't have to morbidly wait for George Lucas to die before someone else could do anything with the property.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Obviously. :rolleyes:

At least they're not making God-damned prequels.

In the right hands it could be interesting to see what future stories there might be in the Star Wars universe...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Judging by comics and novels, and the Clone Wars series, there's good stuff and plenty of bad stuff, so someone new coming in could do good, or they could mess it up.

That's why I like the Old Republic setting - it's kind of a re-imagining of the universe, without much of the canon baggage.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

His ideas written by someone that knows how to write a screenplay is good. See Empire Strikes Back.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

I'm looking forward to Snow White and the Seven Ewoks. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

could be good, could be bad.  For the moment, I'll take it as good news.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

Holy shit 4 billion dollars. :o :lol:

Star Wars 2 : The Search for More Money
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.