Presidential Election or Chinese C.P.Meeting, Which Will Prove More Significant?

Started by mongers, October 29, 2012, 04:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these two 'elections' will prove to be the most important historically ?

US Presidential / General Election 2012.
10 (34.5%)
Special 10 yearly Chinese C.P. Meeting
12 (41.4%)
About the same significant.
4 (13.8%)
Neither is of any importance (Jaron option)
3 (10.3%)
Don't know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

mongers

Next week sees the US Presidential election and election for House and some Senate seats, so will this general election prove more important historically, than the special meeting of the Chinese communist party which has just started, where they'll choose new leaders, retire others and perhaps set the course for China for the next 10 years.

How do you see events following from both 'elections' ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Eddie Teach

I suspect the results of the Chinese meeting are a foregone conclusion.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Jacob

The question isn't which one is most in doubt, but which one has the biggest impact on the next 10 years.

Given what seems to be going on in China right now, I don't think everything is quiet settled yet. The Wen Jiabao 2.2B thing shows the struggle isn't over quite yet.

Camerus

My guess would be China, based on:

- Issues of greater seriousness to be worked upon in China than in the USA
- Possibly wider divergence of opinion between Chinese oligarchic elites on how to approach those issues, than between Romney and Obama

Count

I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on October 29, 2012, 06:32:53 PM

- Possibly wider divergence of opinion between Chinese oligarchic elites on how to approach those issues, than between Romney and Obama

Translation:  the Chinese will solve their problems much more quickly and more efficiently than we will.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2012, 06:48:11 PMTranslation:  the Chinese will solve their problems much more quickly and more efficiently than we will.

Or their power struggles will spiral out of control and the CPC dynasty will fall amidst blood and chaos, to your and Ed Anger's amusement.

Eddie Teach

Why single them out, I think the forum in general will get a real kick out of watching that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2012, 06:48:11 PM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on October 29, 2012, 06:32:53 PM

Translation:  the Chinese will solve their problems much more quickly and more efficiently than we will.

Isn't that the sad truth. And the same thing could be said for the UK.

I've even got a suspicion that the Eurozone might get their shit together before us even.  :unsure:

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 07:08:07 PM
I doubt jake knows what I'd do.

Based on previous performance, I expect there to be posts on languish about your murder boners. That is all.