News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Questions about jogging/running

Started by Martinus, October 28, 2012, 03:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I would think that someone who bites peoples legs so often as to consider that his main characteristic would probably know about leg exercises.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Legbiter

Quote from: merithyn on October 28, 2012, 11:02:03 PM
<_<
What a killjoy. If you don't like to run, that's fine, but how about you not act as though your opinion is the absolute answer, eh?

I'm sorry Meri, I know jogging is a joy for you but Marty needs solid man advice on this. Fag hags are for teasing and social proof.  :hug: :contract:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Ed Anger

Toots needs to get back into the kitchen.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Legbiter on October 28, 2012, 06:30:35 PM
You won't get much out of jogging, fitness-wise compared to literally anything else. Jogging is just worthless

If you want to knock running for being boring, go for it. But this is silly. I almost exclusively run as a form of fitness and my heart rate is down in the 40s, my blood pressure is significantly reduced from where it was, and with a 45 minute run I can burn ~700 calories.

Martinus, the problem with running outside in the winter in Warsaw, in addition to being rather dangerous due to the darkness, cars, and ice, is that running in cold weather burns your lungs. You can get used to it, but I prefer running inside on treadmills versus cold weather running.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Marti, how many times are you going to tell us you are about to start running.  The last time you asked all these questions (a few months ago) I gave you a link to a running routine that takes you from your present state to advanced.  So did others as I recall.

As for runners - get the really really expensive kind.  They look best when they have never been used.  :P

Legbiter

Quote from: alfred russel on October 29, 2012, 05:35:50 PM
If you want to knock running for being boring, go for it. But this is silly. I almost exclusively run as a form of fitness and my heart rate is down in the 40s, my blood pressure is significantly reduced from where it was, and with a 45 minute run I can burn ~700 calories.

Martinus, the problem with running outside in the winter in Warsaw, in addition to being rather dangerous due to the darkness, cars, and ice, is that running in cold weather burns your lungs. You can get used to it, but I prefer running inside on treadmills versus cold weather running.

I have no problems with running, in fact I do it once every week or so. The difference is I don't grind out an hour's jog, I go all out on sprints and I'm done in 15 minutes, having strained pretty much every single muscle in the body. And unlike doing a 3 or a 5k, you're fresh and energized in no time. Sure if you were a couch potato before, chronic cardio via jogging will be better than doing nothing at all. So would doing brisk walks. Or walking up stairs regularly. Biking. And all would place less stress on your joints than jogging. As to burning fat & gaining lean muscle mass, again, jogging is sadly worthless unless you're coming from a completely detrained state.

Marty should definetly run 2-3 times a week, if running is all he can do. If he sprints and eats clean he'll gain muscle and general fitness 10000x times faster than the sadsacks grinding out the miles measured in hours spent per week jogging. And that's what a man should want IMO, more strength, more overall fitness, more...capacity to save his own life if need be and of those around him.

Plus more gay sex with hot twinks, but that goes without saying in Marty's case.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Legbiter on October 29, 2012, 06:04:11 PM
Plus more gay sex with hot twinks, but that goes without saying in Marty's case.

That's why he spends so much time at the office.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?