News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lettow thread

Started by Lettow77, August 01, 2012, 04:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

A massive feast of fried chicken, fried pickles, fried okra, fried carrots, strawberry-and-banana pudding, and corn nuggets washed down with sweet tea, followed by drinking with companions.  We were served by a monumentally obese black man who encouraged us and coached us on how to properly enjoy our meal, before we advised him we weren't yankees, but locals.

Excellent times in the glory of youth.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Admiral Yi

You'd think a guy who likes fried iced tea would have enjoyed tempura when he was in Japan.

Josquius

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 15, 2012, 10:40:55 AM
Something unhallowed has emerged from Detroit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgFMzlTCDAc
http://www.chouanime.com/

haha. What the hell. That is...terrible in so many ways.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Is she a maid or a Viking?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

The weather outside is unseasonably temperate, with a gentle breeze. I sat outside in the shade for the better part of four hours slowly sipping tea, assembling models at an extremely unhurried pace, and enjoying the uninsistent feeling of happiness and tranquility in wonderful company, with the smell of tea in a large pot and pipesmoke agreeably mixing with milieu of a summer garden's usual fragrances.

I imagine that I would want to remember such a pleasant summer for the rest of my life.

Lettow77

Imminent Languish meetup on Saturday. It seems legit, assuredly- although acquaintences have the inevitable misgivings.

Perhaps going to Shiloh?

alfred russel

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 22, 2012, 09:30:13 PM
Imminent Languish meetup on Saturday. It seems legit, assuredly- although acquaintences have the inevitable misgivings.

Perhaps going to Shiloh?

Yes, and it should be interesting.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Shiloh?  Like the death place of Texas' most famous traitor?

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

No way Johnston is more famous than Sam Houston and Stephen Austin. :p
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 22, 2012, 09:30:13 PM
Imminent Languish meetup on Saturday.

Don't ask him to buttfuck you.  He's not your roommate.

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on August 23, 2012, 09:07:21 AM

:bash:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on August 23, 2012, 09:16:55 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 23, 2012, 09:07:21 AM

:bash:

When they teach Texas history these days, is Texas independence all about liberation from the oppressive Mexicans, or is it taught in a balanced manner? Are the old Texas heroes still considered heroes in the official education?

Part of the draw to see Shiloh is that the other ACW battlefields I've been to are in northern states: Gettysburg and Antietam. Seeing the strength of the confederate fanboyism that still persists/how things are presented should be interesting.

Lettow77

After a talk about the importance of appreciating the changing seasons, my roommate and I took a drive to enjoy the scenery. We went as far as Murray, Kentucky before turning around- everything was quite wonderful, and Dresden is a fine Southern town that makes me feel better about the immediate environs of Northwest TN. It would truly seem that Martin, settled so late and little more than a college town, is truly the worst in the area.

As we slowly drove back toward home, we both without forethought began singing The Legionnaire's Lament, a spontaneous duo that left me deeply affected. I am sure my roommate was thinking thoughts comparable to mine, and the ensuing silence was heavy but overwhelmingly pleasant.

Lately there has been a well-meaning young lady pursuing my affection. I invited her over numerous times, because I was happy to have company that could enjoy good tea, and she would watch any anime I assigned to her or read literature I recommended. It was pleasant to have someone to share culture with, and she brought over kahlua and other nicknacks at regular intervals to make the apartment a more pleasant place. I wanted to believe she shared my regard that we were just friends, but at length it became obvious I had to keep her at a greater distance and hold her in less intimacy than before. How unpleasant! :(

It is a very lonely feeling to have to push someone away, but under the circumstances, it can't be helped. I couldn't really do anything less and be consistent with decency..

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 27, 2012, 04:00:48 PM
Lately there has been a well-meaning young lady pursuing my affection. I invited her over numerous times, because I was happy to have company that could enjoy good tea, and she would watch any anime I assigned to her or read literature I recommended. It was pleasant to have someone to share culture with, and she brought over kahlua and other nicknacks at regular intervals to make the apartment a more pleasant place. I wanted to believe she shared my regard that we were just friends, but at length it became obvious I had to keep her at a greater distance and hold her in less intimacy than before. How unpleasant! :(

It is a very lonely feeling to have to push someone away, but under the circumstances, it can't be helped. I couldn't really do anything less and be consistent with decency..

Maybe you should try more flamboyant mannerisms to avoid such awkwardness in the future.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?