Nanny Suspected In Stabbing Deaths Of 2 Children Remains Hospitalized

Started by garbon, October 26, 2012, 09:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: merithyn on October 26, 2012, 01:46:31 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on October 26, 2012, 01:41:29 PM
How does getting a new future nanny = blaming mother for murder

Oh bullshit. Your comment was made as a jab at Mom for not being home with her kids, and instead hiring a nanny. Don't try to play it off now that you've been called on it.
Garbon wrote "That child is going to be smothered with maternal protection now." I replied she may get a new nanny. This is future, not past.

merithyn

Quote from: Phillip V on October 26, 2012, 01:48:42 PM
I replied to Garbon's "That child is going to be smothered with maternal protection now." She may get a new nanny. This is future, not past.

Quote from: Phillip V on October 26, 2012, 12:43:30 PM
Does mother have time? Maybe she will get a new nanny.

And the point of the bolded?

You know, a grown up would own up that it was a joke in poor taste, apologize, and move on.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Phillip V

I own that I mean what I asked. You can answer or continue to take offense. Garbon mentioned that she is no longer a stay-at-home mom since last year, perhaps working.

merithyn

Quote from: Phillip V on October 26, 2012, 02:00:26 PM
I own that I mean what I asked. You can answer or continue to take offense. Garbon mentioned that she is no longer a stay-at-home mom since last year, perhaps working.

Oh, so not offensive, just stupid?

Do honestly believe that Mom could even consider such a thing right now? That she can even dream of such a thing?

I knew I should have stayed out of this thread. Goddamn it.  <_<
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

Meri, I don't think Philip had the thought you ascribe to him.  In fact, I don't think he's even capable of forming such complex thoughts.  He just made an extremely tasteless joke, and is trying to back away from it without owning up to it.

Malthus

Ahh, Meri on the warpath. The Boudicca of Languish flamers, wielding a keyboard like a  scythed chariot of vengence.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Phillip V

I can't see how a joke would even be funny in this case.

And if I were trying to impart wisdom, I would make it clear and forceful so as to benefit the world.

Barrister

What an unbelievably sad story.   :(

You know, I can understand some cases of child abuse - when you have a couple of screaming kids for several hours it can cause you to question your sanity.  But to repeatedly stab them?  What. The. Fuck.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Phillip V

Some details emerge:
- mother was a homemaker and did not work outside the home
- nanny had financial and psychological problems; worked other jobs on the side
- nanny was hired through a referral by another family; may not have undergone background check/vetting
- family took some interest in the nanny, even visiting her native Dominican Republic

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/27/nyregion/motive-for-stabbings-a-mystery-as-a-portrait-of-a-troubled-nanny-emerges.html

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 01:03:32 PM
If Tamas wants to argue over believing in the existence of God, it's stories like this that are a much better starting point.

Nah, it just shows that God is a prick.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

The nanny is very lucky that when the mother discovered all of this, she didn't take the knife out of her hands and finish her the fuck off.  If I was the parent in this situation, I think there's a good chance that's what I would have done. :mellow:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on October 27, 2012, 05:28:21 AM
The nanny is very lucky that when the mother discovered all of this, she didn't take the knife out of her hands and finish her the fuck off. 

Disagree, she'd have been better off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 27, 2012, 05:35:34 AM
Quote from: Caliga on October 27, 2012, 05:28:21 AM
The nanny is very lucky that when the mother discovered all of this, she didn't take the knife out of her hands and finish her the fuck off. 

Disagree, she'd have been better off.

Yeah death would be too good for her.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

She really gonna suffer worse?  She'll be tossed in the crazy-person house and pretty much forgotten by everyone but that family. 
PDH!

garbon

I think being trapped in a mental hospital for decades would be worse.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.