[attention whoring] So I went to see a therapist last night

Started by Martinus, October 26, 2012, 05:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

I first read the headline as "So I went to see the rapist last night"  :hmm:
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Martinus

Quote from: Octavian on October 26, 2012, 07:56:03 AM
I first read the headline as "So I went to see the rapist last night"  :hmm:

There is more than one.  :secret:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 26, 2012, 05:26:50 AM
Well it depends how you define alcoholism. I don't get drunk but have a tendency to drink one-two glasses of wine (half a bottle) after work to switch off the control thingie in my brain.

Yeah using booze to manage your brain is probably not a good thing.  I hope this will help you out Marty...the therapy not the drinking.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 26, 2012, 07:51:57 AM
I don't think this has much to do with my personal life - rather it's about work / life balance (so personal life only in so far that I don't have much time for any). :P

Yeah, I already straightened that out 2 years ago in my 20s. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Richard Hakluyt

I've more or less given the booze up nowadays (primarily as part of a move towards a healthier diet). What is interesting is that now I drink only rarely I notice the huge effects it has on my mood/mental attitude. What started as a calorie reducing plan is becoming something close to teetotalism. It is all rather shocking  :(

What I'm getting at, Marti, is that you might be surprised how much the booze is depressing you. Give it up for 3 or 4 weeks and see how you feel.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on October 26, 2012, 09:13:19 AM
***analrapist business card***

Reminds me of the time I misprinted a visiting physician's ID badge.  He returned it two days later after he noticed a parent's alarmed look on her face.

What can I say, "Pediatric Neurology" and "Pediatric Necrology" look so much alike.  Figured it was just a new discipline.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 10:29:25 AM

Reminds me of the time I misprinted a visiting physician's ID badge.  He returned it two days later after he noticed a parent's alarmed look on her face.

What can I say, "Pediatric Neurology" and "Pediatric Necrology" look so much alike.  Figured it was just a new discipline.

"Pediatric" and "pedophilic" look somewhat similar too ...  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on October 26, 2012, 06:05:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 05:36:50 AM
QuoteGay men are six times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.

Languish could only be so lucky.

How many attempted suicides we have on Languish?

If only one is heterosexual, this means that all Languish gays should follow the suit.

Gonna steal Guller's thunder and point out that this doesn't mean there are six times as many gays who have attempted suicide due to their smaller numbers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 10:29:25 AM

So how's the job hunt going?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on October 26, 2012, 03:08:47 PM

What are you, my fucking case worker?  Don't fucking worry about it.  You've got your own problems, Rain Man.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 04:02:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 26, 2012, 03:08:47 PM

What are you, my fucking case worker?  Don't fucking worry about it.  You've got your own problems, Rain Man.

You have a case worker now?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Legbiter

There's nothing objectively wrong with you Marcin. You're an asshole but eh, so is most of humanity. You work very long hours at your desk monkey job and you most certainly drink too much in order to switch off once you leave work. Eating shit "food" on the go while dodging never-ending Tetris blocks of deadlines probably takes as big a toll as well.

I'd suggest you find a good woman to cook for you.  :lol:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.