News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I got interviewed

Started by Jacob, October 23, 2012, 05:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

... for a podcast

You can listen to it here, if you want: http://theportablegamer.com/audio/TPP_Episode160.mp3

I talk about a game nobody here cares about - Ruby Skies - but also about the studio I work at, Indie game development and a bit about Sleeping Dogs as well. At least that's what we talked about, who knows how they edited it - I haven't actually listened to the podcast myself.

It's for this website - http://www.148apps.com/

Count

It's cool but you have a noticeable non-American and therefore presumptively Communist accent.
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

sbr

Quote from: Count on October 23, 2012, 10:08:20 PM
It's cool but you have a noticeable non-American and therefore presumptively Communist accent.

:yucky:

Eddie Teach

He sounds more American than I expected.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

:blink:

What are you guys talking about? Jacob, you sound good, but you're accent is pretty clearly Scandinavian. That's a good thing, so far as I'm concerned. It's far more interesting than the dull TV English that I was expecting.

I will say that the game sounds far too candy sweet for me. Is it as cloying as it seems?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Count

yeah I liked the accent too, was making a funny
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Jacob

Quote from: merithyn on October 23, 2012, 10:27:21 PM

What are you guys talking about? Jacob, you sound good, but you're accent is pretty clearly Scandinavian. That's a good thing, so far as I'm concerned. It's far more interesting than the dull TV English that I was expecting.

I will say that the game sounds far too candy sweet for me. Is it as cloying as it seems?

Give it a try. It's free :)

I wouldn't say it's cloying, but it's definitely not "realistic" or "gritty" nor anything like Sleeping Dogs.

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on October 23, 2012, 10:27:21 PM

He's Danish!

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Danish people are weird.  They freak out about spanking and circumcision, and they're always screaming 'Fisse' at the top of their lungs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I've been trying to figure out how to pronounce that letter the Danes have that looks like an "o" with a line through it.  I think it's like soft "I".  I wanted to know how to pronounce Danish name for the Sandman, called "Ole Lukøje".  Or what that name means.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Jacob

There's no equivalent vowel in any English dialect that I'm aware of.

In general the ø is pronounced pretty close to the French eu, but a little flatter and... just Danish sounding. In the case of Ole Lukøje (which means Ole Shut-eye), it's pronounced pretty close to the first o in "opposite" (note that the "j" would be pronounced closer to how you'd pronounce a "y" in that spot in English, and also that the "e" sort of trails into nothing).

Razgovory

Thanks! :)  Now all I need is one of those steel bear traps and some cheese.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on October 23, 2012, 11:50:33 PM
Danish people are weird.  They freak out about spanking and circumcision, and they're always screaming 'Fisse' at the top of their lungs.
Their royals occasionally murder one another at the behest of ghosts too.
PDH!

Viking

what really baffles me about danes is how when they speak english they sound clear and lucid, but when they switch to danish the automatically slur and mangle words like a drunk with a potato stuffed in his mouth.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on October 24, 2012, 10:20:59 AM
what really baffles me about danes is how when they speak english they sound clear and lucid, but when they switch to danish the automatically slur and mangle words like a drunk with a potato stuffed in his mouth.

http://satwcomic.com/language-lesson
http://satwcomic.com/stop-talking

?