News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2012, 01:08:32 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 02, 2012, 01:02:23 PM
Right. Those numbers are not who they voted for, but what party the voters in question were registered with. He cannot give out the actual votes right now.

Ah ok I thought 21% had all voted third party.  Damn I was getting excited there.

Negro please. :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

At least in America the major parties let members decide who will represent them in the election. In Sweden it's all done in smoke-filled rooms.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

So they asked everyone to wear red at tonight's RomneyRally.  Isn't it ironic?

Heading out now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Meanwhile, I'm going to be warm inside while eating a can of Pringles.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Quote from: Kleves on November 02, 2012, 09:01:29 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 02, 2012, 07:36:23 AM
October Jobs Report issued today:  171,000 jobs created, 7.9% unemployment rate.
I bet Romney wishes he could have gotten that extra .1%.
They are now using the line: "The unemployment rate stands at 7.9% – higher than when President Obama took office."

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on November 02, 2012, 01:23:00 PM
The US party system is pretty silly when it comes to citizens registering for it.  In Soviet Union, being part of the Communist party was the real deal.  You paid your dues, and you voted on all internal party matters.  And those votes had a real effect as well:  if you voted for the wrong faction, you died.

I think it works like this in most European countries too (well, except the part about dieing). Most parties here have very low number of members compared to the general populace (for example, the ruling party in Poland has only 50,000 members).

Phillip V

Now news that VP nominee Paul Ryan will be campaigning in Minnesota this Sunday. Bill Clinton will also return to the state for a second time this Sunday after being there only a few days ago. Very bizarre that the Romney and Obama campaigns are spending their last few days and money in "safe Democratic" states.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s2822158.shtml

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 02, 2012, 05:31:04 PM

And I have strep throat.  Though not because of last night.  Thought it was just a small cold.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2012, 12:29:26 PM

And I have strep throat.  Though not because of last night.  Thought it was just a small cold.

:(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2012, 12:29:26 PM

I'm in the middle of the cold cycle, which after being transmitted from kids to wife, finally ended up in my lap. Yay.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

When I have a sore throat my favorite remedy is to eat something spicy.  Numbs the soreness.  Little did I know my throat was raw as hell :pinch:

Amoxicillin already seems to be doing its thing. 

Count

Quote from: Phillip V on November 03, 2012, 07:55:47 PM
New poll has Romney leading in Minnesota by 1 point.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/11/aff-poll-minnesota-a-tossup-148296.html

QuoteIn a polling memo, pollster Glen Bolger attributes the closeness of the race to Minnesota's overwhelmingly white population.

"Minnesota is very much a battleground state due the low minority population of the state and President Obama's problems with white voters. Romney has a good chance to pull off one of the biggest upsets of the election cycle in this state," Bolger writes.

Watch out, Vermont!
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years