News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 09:09:23 AM
How does Romney have daddy issues?  Obama I can see (given that he wrote a book about it), but not Romney.

Daddy's shoes will always be too big to fill.

merithyn

How does Romney have daddy issues?  Obama I can see (given that he wrote a book about it), but not Romney.

He wants to do what his father never could: be POTUS.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2012, 09:10:47 AM

That's nothing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 09:14:39 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2012, 09:10:47 AM

That's nothing.

It's the one thing that's driven him all his life.  He loved his Dad.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2012, 09:16:54 AM

It's not what I usually think of as a daddy issue though.  A lot of us feel like we may never live up to the examples our fathers set.  I sure as hell do.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 09:18:28 AM

It's not what I usually think of as a daddy issue though.  A lot of us feel like we may never live up to the examples our fathers set.  I sure as hell do.

"Daddy issues" isn't just clear heels and pole dancing under the name "Sin A' Bunns".  :lol:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2012, 09:20:25 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 09:18:28 AM

"Daddy issues" isn't just clear heels and pole dancing under the name "Sin A' Bunns".  :lol:

You just gave me a really unfotunate mental picture of Obama :pinch:

Anyway if you expand it much beyond that it becomes a useless term.

derspiess

So Nate Silver is getting some shit for his seventy-something percent chance of Obama victory, and not just from the right.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/10/nate-silver-romney-clearly-could-still-win-147618.html

Can't find the video link, but even Seedy's own Morning Joe had an anti-Nate rant.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 09:29:37 AM
Can't find the video link, but even Seedy's own Morning Joe had an anti-Nate rant.

I caught it.   ;)

Valmy

So Nate Silver is getting some shit for his seventy-something percent chance of Obama victory, and not just from the right.

Yeah well they want to make sure the lefty base is freaked out enough they will show up to vote.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Looks like the rally Friday is gonna be kind of a big deal. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/10/31/romney-and-ryan-plan-major-kick-off-rally-friday-in-ohio/?wprss=rss_election-2012

Romney and Ryan plan major kick-off rally Friday in Ohio
Posted by Philip Rucker on October 31, 2012 at 3:01 am

TAMPA – When Mitt Romney returns to battleground Ohio on Friday night, it won't be for just any humdrum rally. The affair, save for the absence of actor Clint Eastwood, is shaping up as the sequel to the Republican National Convention.                     

Nearly 100 governors, senators, congressmen, mayors, Olympic gold medalists and other Republican luminaries are scheduled to join Romney and his vice presidential running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan (Wis.), in a Cincinnati suburb Friday night for a huge rally designed both to inject new energy into their Ohio campaign and to launch the Republican ticket on its final, frenetic three days of barnstorming before Election Day.                     
Kicking off what the Romney campaign is dubbing the "Romney-Ryan Real Recovery Road Rally," the event will be held in West Chester, just outside of Cincinnati, a populous and potentially decisive swath of southwestern Ohio where Romney needs to drive up turnout within his conservative base and win over moderate suburban voters.
The campaign announced that almost every Romney surrogate – from the candidate's wife, Ann, and their five sons to a number of Olympic athletes to a lengthy roster of elected officials, including Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), the GOP's 2008 presidential nominee – will attend, underscoring the importance of Ohio's 18 electoral votes to Romney's calculations.

From West Chester, the surrogates will fan out across the nation to campaign over the weekend in 11 key states: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

This is a big push by the Republicans to demonstrate fresh momentum at the end of a week in which the race seems to have stalled amid the devastating storm that wreaked havoc across the Eastern Seaboard.
The rally will be held at 7:30 p.m. at The Square at Union Centre, a large outdoor gathering space in downtown West Chester, which is the hometown of House Speaker John A. Boehner (R). The same venue hosted then-vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin in October 2008, where she took the stage to "Eye of the Tiger" and rallied a crowd of about 10,000.

In addition to Mitt and Ann Romney and Paul and Janna Ryan, the Romney campaign has announced that the following surrogates will attend: McCain and his wife, Cindy; former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice; Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal; Texas Gov. Rick Perry; Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback; Sens. Rob Portman (Ohio), Marco Rubio (Fla.), John Thune (S.D.), Lindsey Graham (S.C.) and Kelly Ayotte (N.H.); former senator Norm Coleman (Minn.); former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani; former Pennsylvania governor Tom Ridge; Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus; Rep. Jason Chaffetz (Utah); former congressman Artur Davis (Ala.); Olympic champion speed skater Derek Parra; Olympic champion figure skater Scott Hamilton; champion golfer Jack Nicklaus; as well as Tagg and Jen Romney, Matt and Laurie Romney, Josh Romney, Ben Romney and Craig and Mary Romney.

SCOTT HAMILTON FTW!!!! :punk:

Phillip V

That's actually pretty cool. Are there many attractive young women who attend these Republican events?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Phillip V

Would be interesting to see if Utah elects this black Mormon woman to the U.S. Congress; currently the first and only black woman mayor in the state. Age 36 with three children. :showoff:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/31/us/politics/mia-love-mayor-in-utah-seeks-path-to-congress.html

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2012, 09:41:42 AM

Yeah well they want to make sure the lefty base is freaked out enough they will show up to vote.

I would be surprised that the average voter is even aware of Silver's work. It's just a fit of reverse-jinx.