News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2012, 09:48:22 AM
Ah, so you are a coward.

She is too morally weak to compromise her principles.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Got my tickets for the Romney-Ryan "victory rally" this Friday just up north of Cincy.  Haven't been to a political rally since college.  I'm taking Tommy & meeting some friends there.  Maybe I'll shamelessly use Tommy as a political prop and write slogans all over his shirt :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2012, 10:10:51 AM
Ah, so you are a coward.

It's easy to have principles if they never have to be put into practice.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2012, 11:04:06 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2012, 10:10:51 AM
Ah, so you are a coward.

Seriously.  Pick a team to root for-- politics is a lot more fun that way.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on October 29, 2012, 04:53:00 PM
Has this one already been posted?  :lol:

Not that it really matters to me either way, but the hats sold on the official Romney-Ryan campaign site are made in the US.

The Larch

Chinese knock-offs, is there anywhere they won't get?

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on October 30, 2012, 11:23:47 AM
Chinese knock-offs, is there anywhere they won't get?

One time in Argentina I saw knockoff *Old Navy* clothing for sale :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2012, 11:04:06 AM

Ok how exactly are my principles supposed to be put into practice if I do not support them?  Magical spells?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2012, 08:32:03 AM
So Romney opted out of doing any campaigning during the storm in the interest of national unity. Instead, he's doing a not-a-campaign-but-a-storm-relief party at the same venue with the same celebs and the same basic speeches.

And this man is going to be the one to "reach across the aisle" and be the "bi-partisan President"? He can't even drop this shit for 48 hours while people's lives are being pulled apart.  :rolleyes:
Agreed.  I think it's a mistake by Mitt because it looks so nakedly political - a bit like his response to Libya.  He's in a storm relief event in Ohio, Paul's doing a 'thank you' for volunteers in Wisconsin and Ann's in Iowa and Wisconsin at her own storm relief things.

I think a couple of events in swing states would be okay if Mitt tried to look Presidential by visiting say, New York or New Jersey.  Maybe the 'thank you' event could've been for some emergency services people or whatever else.  As it is, all three doing events about the storm, miles away from it, in swing states just comes across a bit callow and vulgar in my view.
Let's bomb Russia!

Gups

May look nakedly political to a politics junkie but not necessarily to ordinary folks.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 30, 2012, 10:49:25 AM
Got my tickets for the Romney-Ryan "victory rally" this Friday just up north of Cincy.  Haven't been to a political rally since college.  I'm taking Tommy & meeting some friends there.  Maybe I'll shamelessly use Tommy as a political prop and write slogans all over his shirt :D

Don't you feel just the teeniest bit dirty that, for actually taking the time to exert the energy to go to a political rally and all that jazz, that in the end it's for a douchebag like Romney?

Kleves

Romney pretty much has to do something that's high visibility to counter the fact that Obama can legitimately have a bunch of photo-ops at storm sites and distribute federal largesse.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2012, 08:35:45 AM
Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2012, 08:32:03 AM
And this man is going to be the one to "reach across the aisle" and be the "bi-partisan President"?

Romney is a dirty liar Meri.  But nobody cares he is a liar because, you know, he is a politician and they expect it from him.

When Chrysler calls you out for being a liar over the Jeep stuff, you know you're a liar.  But, like you say, nobody cares.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Gups on October 30, 2012, 11:48:56 AM
May look nakedly political to a politics junkie but not necessarily to ordinary folks.
I'm not sure.  I think everyone will wonder why all of these 'storm relief' events are taking places hundreds of miles away from the storm.  Also if it looks nakedly political to journalists and that becomes part of the way they describe the story then it'll be picked up by everyone.

Quote from: Kleves on October 30, 2012, 11:59:28 AM
Romney pretty much has to do something that's high visibility to counter the fact that Obama can legitimately have a bunch of photo-ops at storm sites and distribute federal largesse.
I agree.  My point is that all events taking place far away from the storms in midwestern swing states doesn't look good.  He would do far better if just one of those events was in, say, New York or New Jersey.  It would be just as high profile.
Let's bomb Russia!