News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

derspiess

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 26, 2012, 08:35:11 AM
Romentum can't be stopped. God save us all.

Take heart.  Nate Silver said a couple days ago that the Mittmentum had stopped.

One interesting thing I've noticed about the polls is that the poll sponsored by the left-leaning Washington Post has Obama down by 3 while the one sponsored by the right-leaning Washington Times has Obama up by 3.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2012, 08:20:01 AM
Btw anytime Seedy posts an article without a link I'm going to assume it's from The Onion.  In this case it was actually from a less authentic source: HuffPo.

It was the link provided on www.truethevote.org.  They're your people, man, not mine.   :P

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 10:21:03 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2012, 08:20:01 AM
Btw anytime Seedy posts an article without a link I'm going to assume it's from The Onion.  In this case it was actually from a less authentic source: HuffPo.

It was the link provided on www.truethevote.org.  They're your people, man, not mine.   :P

I have no official ties to that organization, sir.  Besides, it's still a HuffPo story!

Btw I love the "VOTO HONESTO" slogan.  Although technically legit, it sounds like some non-Spanish speaker trying to speak Spanish by adding "-o" to the end of each word.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Phillip V on October 26, 2012, 09:04:38 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 26, 2012, 08:51:07 AM
but a Romney presidency will only make all of this worse!
Romney is change we can believe in.

He does change his mind often, yes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

John Sununu says Colin Powell's endorsement of the POTUS was race-based.

Quote"Frankly, when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder whether that's an endorsement based on issues or whether he's got a slightly different reason for preferring President Obama," Sununu said.
"What reason would that be?" asked host Piers Morgan.
"I think when you have somebody of your own race that you're proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him," Sununu said.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2012, 11:21:07 AM
Rasmussen has Wisconsin at 49-49.
Biden is in Wisconsin today. Obama campaign very worried.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 11:25:45 AM
John Sununu says Colin Powell's endorsement of the POTUS was race-based.

Quote"Frankly, when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder whether that's an endorsement based on issues or whether he's got a slightly different reason for preferring President Obama," Sununu said.
"What reason would that be?" asked host Piers Morgan.
"I think when you have somebody of your own race that you're proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him," Sununu said.

Ah yes, the mulatto conspiracy. :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on October 26, 2012, 11:29:23 AM
Ah yes, the mulatto conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Yes, that hypothesis certainly holds more water than, say, oh I don't know, a former Secretary of State being openly concerned with the Republican candidate's foreign policy vision.

But hey, he's a brutha!  TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR TRIBE

garbon

Apparently only Dems are allowed to have crazy conspiracies about race. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 26, 2012, 11:34:48 AM
Apparently only Dems are allowed to have crazy conspiracies about race. :rolleyes:

Nonsense.

www.truethevote.org

Phillip V

Powell seems to have destroyed his legacy on both sides by failing to stop the Iraq war on one hand and then endorsing Obama twice on the other. He should have quietly retired after the Army or run for President in 1996. Powell defeated Clinton 50-38 in a hypothetical match-up proposed to voters in the exit polls conducted on Election Day.

OttoVonBismarck

I feel comfortable with these predictions: linky

Basically I think Romney is going to get those 261 for sure, then it comes down to Wisconsin, Iowa, and Ohio.

What I think will happen is sort of akin to how Truman won in 1948 in the electoral college, three states (for Truman, California, Illinois, and Ohio) went for Truman by less than a 1% margin (less than like 60,000 total votes) and won him the electoral college and another term.

I suspect Obama will basically have that happen, those three states will break for him in close elections and he wins 277-261. However I predict unlike Truman-Dewey, Obama does not drub Romney in the popular vote. That will be the closest it's been since 2000 and possibly we'll have the winner of the popular vote be Romney.