News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

CountDeMoney

Garbon knows the salvage value of that titanium in Ed's leg.  Ain't fooling anybody.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Phillip V on October 25, 2012, 08:12:54 PM
Obama escalates character attack strategy and calls Romney a "bullshitter".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/25/obama-romney-bullshitter_n_2018079.html
:( I think that a president, especially one who is a father to little children, should know better.  Children are pretty terrible at detecting bullshitters.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 25, 2012, 08:44:55 PM
Garbon knows the salvage value of that titanium in Ed's leg.  Ain't fooling anybody.

I'm a need it when I call on favors from my 3 strike cousins to help him out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on October 23, 2012, 04:59:05 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 23, 2012, 04:56:52 PM
furriners should be allowed to vote in American elections...after all everything you do effects us. Maybe it could weigh half a vote of an American.

And then we can pay half of the taxes that an American citizen would pay! :w00t:

Dude, you can do that now.  If you give me half of what I'm going to pay in taxes this year, I will vote for any fool thing you want.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I'll send you a box of pop tarts for your vote. Or toaster strudel, breakfast of the 1%.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on October 25, 2012, 10:15:48 PM
Dude, you can do that now.  If you give me half of what I'm going to pay in taxes this year, I will vote for any fool thing you want.

:o You're asking BB to break the law! :o
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Shit. Pay half my taxes and I'll deliver five or six votes in a swing state.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 25, 2012, 10:15:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 23, 2012, 04:59:05 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 23, 2012, 04:56:52 PM
furriners should be allowed to vote in American elections...after all everything you do effects us. Maybe it could weigh half a vote of an American.

And then we can pay half of the taxes that an American citizen would pay! :w00t:

Are you suggesting that the individuals getting over 250k a year should be paying those instead?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

After recent polls showed only single-digit leads for Obama in Minnesota, Romney has decided to air television ads in the state.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/10/report-romney-buys-minnesota-tv-147321.html

derspiess

Btw anytime Seedy posts an article without a link I'm going to assume it's from The Onion.  In this case it was actually from a less authentic source: HuffPo.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Romentum can't be stopped. God save us all.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Phillip V

The main thing keeping Obama afloat is Bernanke's Quantitative Easing 3 (money printing) in September, which temporarily boosted the stock market, housing, and job "hiring". Obama is in a race against when these artificial effects of money printing will expire. The Dow may soon drop below 13000, and I am awaiting a painful downward correction in markets and consumer confidence this quarter. The question is if it happens before or after the election.

tldr: Watch the stock market and the final monthly unemployment report due next week.

Grey Fox

but a Romney presidency will only make all of this worse!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Phillip V

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 26, 2012, 08:51:07 AM
but a Romney presidency will only make all of this worse!
Romney is change we can believe in.