News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 24, 2012, 08:53:21 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 24, 2012, 08:49:15 PM
the Republicans I guess since their core territory has nobody living there?

Lolwut

Jos has been drinking again.  Go easy.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zoupa

I hope Obama wins for Americans' sake.

But for Canada, a Romney win would be awesome, entertainment wise. His policies and Ryan's are so retarded, I pray they implement them. You guys would become like Russia. A nice bunch of rich people on top, a huge majority dirt poor.

I hope we can embed some CBC journalists when the riots start.  :lol:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Quote from: Habbaku on October 24, 2012, 11:45:35 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 24, 2012, 08:53:21 PM
the Republicans I guess since their core territory has nobody living there?

Lolwut

Jos has been drinking again.  Go easy.
:rolleyes:
Its called an exaggeration
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

No you're right. Katmai's 3 electoral votes are gonna give Romney the edge. :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

They showed a bit of the US news on TV yesterday and they gave it slightly to Romney with a higher decimal of 48%. Blimey.
I wonder; if its a close run thing in terms of voter percentage who is that most likely to pay off for? -  the Republicans I guess since their core territory has nobody living there?
I think people are overexcited, though it'll be close in the popular vote.  I think Romney needs another 1-2% swing to look like he'd win and a slew of consistent good polling somewhere like Iowa or Ohio.

Liberals are weak and love handwringing and the Romney campaign has an interest in projecting that they're going to win.  From 2008 Romney's almost certainly won back Indiana and North Carolina.  He's in the lead in Florida and tied in Virginia and Colorado (and possibly New Hampshire).  Even if they all go Romney's way he'd still lose and my own view is that they probably won't only go for Romney.  The remaining states he'd need to win, like Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa are states which Romney has never led.

This stage of the campaign reminds me of 2004.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 25, 2012, 04:51:02 AM
The remaining states he'd need to win, like Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa are states which Romney has never led.

If he can't carry Ohio, and the numbers look like he won't, he needs Wisconsin and Nevada.  Nevada's definitely not happening.  You don't win Nevada with on 20% of the Latino vote.

QuoteThis stage of the campaign reminds me of 2004.

The day after Election Day, it will remind you more of 2000.  Colorado will be the new Florida.

Viking

Apparently Obama can lose ohio if he wins colorado.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

I'm already tossing Colorado into the Romney pile.  Too much twitchy voter registration and voter purging shenanigans going on over there.

Ohio has settled into a consistent Obama lead outside the margin of error.  The Buckeye State belongs to The Black Man That Saved The Auto Industry, whether the fruity anti-choice megachurches like it or not.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Viking on October 25, 2012, 05:37:27 AM
Apparently Obama can lose ohio if he wins colorado.
Yeah, I think Obama's a few routes. My point is that Romney needs to win every state he's currently tied in and some states he's not leading and has never led in. In my view he'd need another big-ish swing.
Let's bomb Russia!

Phillip V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 25, 2012, 05:35:55 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 25, 2012, 04:51:02 AM
The remaining states he'd need to win, like Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa are states which Romney has never led.

If he can't carry Ohio, and the numbers look like he won't, he needs Wisconsin and Nevada.  Nevada's definitely not happening.  You don't win Nevada with on 20% of the Latino vote.
Eh? Obama's lead in Ohio (+2.1) is slimmer than Nevada (+2.7) and Wisconsin (+2.7).

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

CountDeMoney

Time: 49% to 44% this morning
PPP over the weekend: 51% to 46%
Last week's CNN: Obama + 4 points
Last week's Wall Street Journal/NBC/Marist: Obama +5 points

I'm going with those numbers;  there's a settled margin now in Ohio.

Real Clear keeps muddying the waters with Rasmussen nonsense.

Phillip V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 25, 2012, 06:19:24 AM
Time: 49% to 44% this morning
PPP over the weekend: 51% to 46%
Last week's CNN: Obama + 4 points
Last week's Wall Street Journal/NBC/Marist: Obama +5 points

I'm going with those numbers;  there's a settled margin now in Ohio.

Real Clear keeps muddying the waters with Rasmussen nonsense.

You just muddied your own poll numbers. :wacko:
PPP has Obama up by only 1 point as of this past weekend: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/10/romney-pulls-within-1-in-ohio.html

Last CNN poll in Ohio you cite was from 3 weeks ago: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/10/09/topgenstate4.pdf

Last Wall Street Journal/NBC/Marist poll in Ohio you cite was also from almost 3 weeks ago: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/10/09/topgenstate4.pdf

CountDeMoney

Whatever.  It's too fucking early for math anyway., so go fuck yourself with a Toledo mud hen, Phil.  I'm going back to sleep.

Razgovory

Phil has taken an extreme interest in polling data lately.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017