News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

lustindarkness

Quote from: celedhring on November 05, 2012, 11:22:22 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 05, 2012, 10:50:41 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 05, 2012, 10:25:14 AM
:ph34r:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Finternacional.elpais.com%2Finternacional%2F2012%2F11%2F05%2Factualidad%2F1352111625_284992.html&act=url
QuoteA survey published last week by ASISA reflected a 48% support the first option, 41% associated sovereignty and only 6% for independence. Any change in the status of Puerto Rico must be approved by the U.S. Congress.

I think all the inhabited territories either need to become a state, join a state, or become independent.  Non-statehood is supposed to be a transition not a permanent status...DC being the obvious exception here.  But Congress is unlikely to do anything one way or the other.

What would be the consequences if Puerto Rico became a state and started sending representation to the Congress?

More corruption. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on November 05, 2012, 11:22:22 AM
What would be the consequences if Puerto Rico became a state and started sending representation to the Congress?

:cthulu:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: merithyn on October 31, 2012, 09:14:11 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 09:09:23 AM
How does Romney have daddy issues?  Obama I can see (given that he wrote a book about it), but not Romney.

He wants to do what his father never could: be POTUS.

Why didn't anybody demand to see George Romney's birth certificate?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Phillip V

Quote from: Viking on November 05, 2012, 11:29:23 AM
Quote from: merithyn on October 31, 2012, 09:14:11 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 09:09:23 AM
How does Romney have daddy issues?  Obama I can see (given that he wrote a book about it), but not Romney.

He wants to do what his father never could: be POTUS.

Why didn't anybody demand to see George Romney's birth certificate?

For what? It is not contested that George Romney was born in Mexico.

His eligibility for office was however contested. Here is article + Mitt's certificate: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/29/us-usa-campaign-romney-birth-certificate-idUSBRE84S1GF20120529

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2012, 08:14:56 AM
Quote from: merithyn on November 05, 2012, 08:13:30 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2012, 08:09:44 AM
I was very confused when I saw those long lines in Florida. Also sounds like many waited till last day of early voting so...

The reason so many working-class people do the early voting is because they can't fit regular voting times into their work schedule. So it stands to reason that if the early voting was shortened from 14 days to 8 days that there would only be one weekend in that time, and that's when the majority of those same people would go to the polls. It's not about waiting until the last second. It's about being able to vote on a weekend when they don't have to be at work.

Why are you even responding to him?  He doesn't give a shit about that.

Blow it out your ass, Seedy. Shouldn't you be printing fake phone bills for your voting fraud scheme?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2012, 12:13:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2012, 08:14:56 AM
Quote from: merithyn on November 05, 2012, 08:13:30 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2012, 08:09:44 AM
I was very confused when I saw those long lines in Florida. Also sounds like many waited till last day of early voting so...

The reason so many working-class people do the early voting is because they can't fit regular voting times into their work schedule. So it stands to reason that if the early voting was shortened from 14 days to 8 days that there would only be one weekend in that time, and that's when the majority of those same people would go to the polls. It's not about waiting until the last second. It's about being able to vote on a weekend when they don't have to be at work.

Why are you even responding to him?  He doesn't give a shit about that.

Blow it out your ass, Seedy. Shouldn't you be printing fake phone bills for your voting fraud scheme?

She wasn't talking to you, and I wasn't talking to you. So have a whore pill and a smile and shut the fuck up.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2012, 12:21:54 PM
She wasn't talking to you, and I wasn't talking to you. So have a whore pill and a smile and shut the fuck up.

:hug: Have fun tomorrow with the election & whatnot.  I'm heading to sunny South America to be with my people.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

NV SecState says the only swing county in the state (Washoe) had 900 more Democrat votes than GOP votes in the early voting. Party members, I mean. Why that's troubling---"independents" here tend to be largely libertarians.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2012, 12:51:06 PM

:hug: Have fun tomorrow with the election & whatnot.  I'm heading to sunny South America to be with my people.

When did you become a Nazi?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

LOL, Say hi to Mrs. Mengele for us.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2012, 12:55:20 PM
to be with my people.

:x

Talk about kissing up to the in-laws, right?  Bet he's even downloaded Evita to his iPod.  Probably been practicing his gaucho bolos in the back yard on the dog, too.

mongers

The BBC election live page just had this post/contribution:

QuoteAnil in Chicago emails: As a minority and an immigrant, I want to see family values upheld. I dread what Obama could do if granted another four years. Hence my wife and I shall vote Romney tomorro...

One or two 'leaps' of logic in there.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Man, you can tell both these guys have more money than they can spend:  been drowning in ads all weekend and today.  I shudder to think what life in a battleground state has been like for the last 3 months.

I'm surprised I haven't received any robocalls telling me Election Day was postponed until Thursday, like in 2008.  But it's still early.

JacobL

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2012, 01:58:12 PM
Man, you can tell both these guys have more money than they can spend:  been drowning in ads all weekend and today.  I shudder to think what life in a battleground state has been like for the last 3 months.

I'm surprised I haven't received any robocalls telling me Election Day was postponed until Thursday, like in 2008.  But it's still early.
:frusty: :bleeding: :cry:  And Michigan is only a secondary battleground.  :shutup: