Debate III, the one just for Languish: US Foreign Policy

Started by CountDeMoney, October 22, 2012, 06:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Afghanistan - doesn't sound like Romney has spoken to Hansie recently.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 22, 2012, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: Count on October 22, 2012, 08:46:10 PM
these guys love israel way more than any israeli does

Seriously.
The first word in "American Jew" is American.
It's great that us policy is pro-Israel but *American* interests should be primary.  I wish one of these guys would have the balls to say it but Obama doesn't and Romney can't talk because bibi's are in his mouth.

Obama's said it with his actions, if not with his words. The daylight comment kind of gives that impression, anyway. Romney, on the other hand, is ready to give one of his boys to Bibi as a pledge of solidarity.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

You hear that, UK?  You're losing the arms race to Pakistan.  :angry:

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on October 22, 2012, 08:47:51 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 22, 2012, 08:46:15 PM
The US Navy is the smallest than it's been since 1916. :blink:
The cavalry's smaller than it was then. We're doooomed!
Are you comparing the navy to the cavalry?

You know, sometimes you really stun me.  I mean, the whole womyn thing is one thing.  Some chicks are just angry about life.  But this is just terrible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Count

Seriously.
It's great that us policy is pro-Israel but *American* interests should be primary.  I wish one of these guys would have the balls to say it but Obama doesn't and Romney can't talk because bibi's are in his mouth.

:lol:

as an israeli-american and american-jew and liberal zionist and all that, I don't think where Bibi wants to go is good for Israel, either.
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

merithyn

*sighs*

How many times is Obama going to trot out that medic/nurse? Romney rolled his eyes when Obama started the story, and I was right there with him.

merithyn

Quote from: Neil on October 22, 2012, 09:08:53 PM
Are you comparing the navy to the cavalry?

You know, sometimes you really stun me.  I mean, the whole womyn thing is one thing.  Some chicks are just angry about life.  But this is just terrible.

Horses are better than boats. :sleep: Every girl knows that.

mongers

Seriously.

Because only people like you could say that; Count can't say it (?) , maybe CdM would be credible, if a European said that it would be seen as anti-Semitic.

Count

Quote from: mongers on October 22, 2012, 09:11:03 PM

Seriously.

Because only people like you could say that; Count can't say it (?) , maybe CdM would be credible, if a European said that it would be seen as anti-Semitic.

what? i am pretty pissed that my posts don't come across as jewish  :mad:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Count on October 22, 2012, 09:09:05 PM
as an israeli-american and american-jew and liberal zionist and all that, I don't think where Bibi wants to go is good for Israel, either.

I want Ehud Barak back in charge, dammit.  Can't go wrong with armor.

OOOOH COUNT THERES YOUR QUESTION ON DRONES

Count

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2012, 09:12:09 PM
Quote from: Count on October 22, 2012, 09:09:05 PM
OOOOH COUNT THERES YOUR QUESTION ON DRONES

:yeah:

CountDeMoney

Obama's had to play it quiet, though.  That's why he won't buy into the "red line" bullshit Romney and Bibi buy into.  We need to drive this crisis, not Israel.  Can't work that way.

sbr

Al Quaeda isn't on the run?  Maybe bcause they have no legs.  Or arms.  Or head.

mongers

Quote from: Count on October 22, 2012, 09:11:53 PM

Seriously.

what? i am pretty pissed that my posts don't come across as jewish  :mad:

Well I mentioned you because of your perceived left wing politics rather than your heritage.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson