Debate III, the one just for Languish: US Foreign Policy

Started by CountDeMoney, October 22, 2012, 06:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count

the post-debate people on CNN are james carville and ari fleischer. :bleeding:
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Habbaku

Quote from: mongers on October 22, 2012, 09:38:05 PM
Does the Romney clan, all three generations, go everywhere together on mass ?  :hmm:

No, they're Mormons.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Count

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2012, 09:37:43 PM
Quote from: Count on October 22, 2012, 09:32:38 PM
I think obama won.

Romney came in a very close 2nd, if only by mimicry.

:D

I thought Romney did fine, but yeah that limited him.
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on October 22, 2012, 09:37:30 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/obama-takes-out-romney-with-middebate-drone-attack,30055/

QuoteThe drone strike, which killed three of Romney's sons sitting near the debate stage, reportedly also took the lives of at least 45 civilians, including 12 Lynn University students, nine Secret Service agents, first daughter Malia Obama, and two cameramen.

"Military operations of this ilk are dangerous, and occasionally a few innocent civilians get caught in the crossfire," said Carney, describing the lost arm and severe second-degree facial burns inflicted on debate moderator Bob Schieffer as "necessary collateral damage." "However, we must realize that this is a price we pay when we face our greatest challenges."

mongers

Quote from: Count on October 22, 2012, 09:36:36 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 22, 2012, 09:33:56 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 22, 2012, 09:30:03 PM
Quote from: Count on October 22, 2012, 09:26:33 PM

i can't help the unusual, conspicuous prominence of jews  :ph34r:

Yeah and that's not just the noses and Lefty politics.  There's also finance and Hollywood.

Have you been to an Occupy Wall Street demonstration ? :unsure:

i guess i missed languish during the whole OWS thing- it was nice to get the message of inequality out there but the actual protests in NYC were tiny (and not particularly jewish that I know of, if that's what you're getting at)

No, no, I was alluding to the thread of anti-Semitism I encountered. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Meh, Romney could've done much better in staking out his own claim.  Agreeing with the President's policies on so many topics as the opposing candidate isn't the best tactical move.

"Syria is Iran's path to the sea"?   Guess Bain Capital never liquidated any globes as office furniture assets.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2012, 09:18:36 PM
Mittens says China doesn't have to be an adversary, they can be a partner.  He's lost my vote.
They can be a partner... in destabilizing the US economy in order to enrich some investors and create shareholder value.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Governor Pataki is in the spin room, saying how Obama has driven the biggest wedge between the US and Israel in history.  By not supporting Israel.

:hmm:  Somehow, George, I think there's been bigger wedges.

Kleves

Obama seemed to think that he was behind and needed to come out swining, while Romney seemed pretty content to sit back and try to look presidential. An interesting contrast from the first debate.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2012, 09:39:59 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 22, 2012, 09:37:30 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/obama-takes-out-romney-with-middebate-drone-attack,30055/

QuoteThe drone strike, which killed three of Romney's sons sitting near the debate stage, reportedly also took the lives of at least 45 civilians, including 12 Lynn University students, nine Secret Service agents, first daughter Malia Obama, and two cameramen.

"Military operations of this ilk are dangerous, and occasionally a few innocent civilians get caught in the crossfire," said Carney, describing the lost arm and severe second-degree facial burns inflicted on debate moderator Bob Schieffer as "necessary collateral damage." "However, we must realize that this is a price we pay when we face our greatest challenges."

I laffed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on October 22, 2012, 09:58:06 PM
Obama seemed to think that he was behind and needed to come out swining, while Romney seemed pretty content to sit back and try to look presidential. An interesting contrast from the first debate.

I think Obama came out swinging because he simply doesn't fucking like the guy.

And as an aside, I think that as the POTUS, there's maybe a certain sensitivity to policy criticism when it comes to foreign policy, more so than other topics. 

DGuller

Good thing the floors were clean, or Mitt's suit would be pretty dusty.  I thought Obama cleaned his clock, while Mitt quivered his upper lip non-stop, and occasionally his whole face. 

Romney doesn't get the same points in my book for repeating what Obama said if he in the same response bashes Obama.  I don't see where "Mitt achieved his goal of looking presidential" argument is coming from.  Mitt always looked presidential, but he isn't looking any more presidential as a result of this debate.

Neil

Which is weird, because Obama has a pretty privileged background, except for the Obama's criminality.  Not because he's black, but because he's from Chicago.

At any rate, a president who shit talks the Navy has no business being president.  Who cares if his opponent will sell the whole country to the Chinese.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on October 22, 2012, 10:07:32 PM
At any rate, a president who shit talks the Navy has no business being president.  Who cares if his opponent will sell the whole country to the Chinese.

Don't see where you're coming from with that.  The POTUS made the very distinct difference between scale and capability.  More is not better.

Besides, do you really want to see a POTUS that believes Iran needs Syria for access to the sea?  They need a warm water port or something?

PDH

God, how many more weeks of this bullshit?

I am voting for Al Smith this election.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM