Debate III, the one just for Languish: US Foreign Policy

Started by CountDeMoney, October 22, 2012, 06:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

What irritating debates. We are not a very good Aniki for poor little white Japan.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 22, 2012, 11:17:08 PM
What irritating debates. We are not a very good Aniki for poor little white Japan.

Translation?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 22, 2012, 11:28:36 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on October 22, 2012, 11:17:08 PM

Translation?
Aniki = big brother

This can be either literally, or it could be used by a yakuza member in reference to a more senior member.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Count

I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Viking

Quote from: Count on October 22, 2012, 11:37:26 PM
is lettow still a crazy racist?

thinks japan is white - crazy - check
thinks that this matters - racist - check
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Lettow77

I am surrounded by philistines! Poor little white Japan was clearly a reference to a culturally significant work.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Yeah, though he's moved in strange directions since you last saw him.  If possible he's probably more deranged then he was before.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

He thinks he's a little Japanese schoolgirl now, and he wants his roommate to drill him him like a Chunnel contractor.

Christ, now I have to change my avatar again.  Fucking Lettow, you fake Nip fuck.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 22, 2012, 11:51:33 PM
I am surrounded by philistines! Poor little white Japan was clearly a reference to a culturally significant work.

:lol:

Count

I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Martinus

Quote from: Count on October 22, 2012, 07:24:41 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 22, 2012, 04:10:45 PM
Quote from: Count on October 22, 2012, 04:01:31 PM
I don't know, but we have some process now for electronic surveillance of people abroad (which, as a general rule, happens without telling them). Seems like a much stronger version would be needed for killing people abroad, as opposed to listening in on them. Instead we have nothing.

Based on the article you posted you have something, its just that the government isnt making that something public at the present time.

It's an internal (and unexplained!) process, though, without any judicial oversight and incredibly high stakes. I think it sets a terrible precedent.

One possible solution is to actually subject the decision to target someone to a judicial oversight/court order. This is not ideal, but still better to a situation in which one branch of the government unilaterally determines someone to be an enemy combatant and then offs him.

jimmy olsen

He plans to never work a day in his life and to live in Japan where he will sadomasochisticly enjoy being the target of racism. So the answer is yes.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach