More GOP abortion funtime: Save the life of the mother? Science calls Bullshit

Started by CountDeMoney, October 19, 2012, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

He may have a valid point, however: after all, I've never seen a fetus apply chest compressions or a safety breath.  LOL CLEAR

QuoteRep. Joe Walsh: Abortion never saves mom's life

Abortion bans don't need exceptions for the life of the mother because of "modern technology and science," Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) said Thursday.

"With modern technology and science, you can't find one instance" of an abortion necessary to save the life of the mother, Walsh said after a debate with Tammy Duckworth, his Democratic opponent, according to the Chicago Tribune. "... There is no such exception as life of the mother, and as far as health of the mother, same thing."

Walsh's comments bring to mind Missouri GOP Rep. Todd Akin's assertion that rape exceptions aren't necessary in abortion bans because the female body can't get pregnant in cases of "legitimate rape." Akin's comments have severely damaged his effort to unseat Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill.

Walsh, whose cable news appearances and tea party rhetoric have frequently drawn headlines, was trailing Duckworth 52 percent to 38 percent in September, according to the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling. A We Ask America poll conducted earlier this week found a tiny lead for Walsh, 47 percent to 46 percent.

Walsh and Duckworth are running in the 8th Congressional District, which covers portions of Chicago's northern suburbs.

Martinus

Stop this nonsense, CdM. It's quite clear female voters are less threatened by a man heading the party that will nationalize their vaginas and deprive them of basic human rights than a black man who points fingers.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2012, 05:52:15 AM
I wonder how they get a hold of these scientific facts. :D

Unless you want to start a religion flame war in this thread stop asking stupid questions with obvious answers.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on October 20, 2012, 02:58:06 AM
Stop this nonsense, CdM. It's quite clear female voters are less threatened by a man heading the party that will nationalize their vaginas and deprive them of basic human rights than a black man who points fingers.

No fetal rescue breaths for you.

Eddie Teach

Hey, Marty want to make a bet? A hundred bucks says Obama wins the majority of female voters.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 20, 2012, 08:54:45 AM

Hey, Marty want to make a bet? A hundred bucks says Obama wins the majority of female voters.

Aren't American votes secret?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Fate

This guy is fucking retarded. If a woman has pulmonary hypertension or significant valvular heart disease she's very likely to die from the pregnancy. When you're pregnant there's a 50% increase in your blood volume. It puts significant strain on the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.

merithyn

Not to mention severe hypertension or serious gestational diabetes.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Yeah, this guy's a real winner....

QuoteIn April, Walsh resolved a lawsuit with his ex-wife in which she claimed he owed $117,437 in overdue child support and interest. As part of the settlement, the two sides declared that Walsh was never "a deadbeat dad." He has also settled a suit with a former campaign manager, who claimed Walsh owed him $20,000. That's on top of a 2009 home foreclosure, tax liens and numerous driving suspensions that troubled his election bid two years ago.

Walsh said he is starting to turn his personal finances around, but "like a lot of people, I still have debt. Like a lot of people, I don't have a lot of assets." Tax returns Walsh released to the Tribune show that his income has jumped from $25,524 in 2008 to $174,210 in 2011, largely due to his congressional salary. Walsh said he didn't take the job to get rich, noting he would limit himself to three terms in office.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ideologue

OMFG guys elect me to congress.

Quotenationalize their vaginas

And I think we have the name of my first bill.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on October 20, 2012, 10:21:14 PM
OMFG guys elect me to congress.

Quotenationalize their vaginas

And I think we have the name of my first bill.

Send them to penal battalions.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive