Erasing All The People In Close Proximity To a Particular Book.

Started by mongers, October 18, 2012, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Inspired by Raz's genocide threat, I propose this question, you have to choose a particular book title, one that's been reprinted at least three times, and everyone within 10 feet of a copy of the title at the specified moment, gets erased from the face of the earth, so which book is it ?

At the moment I'm leaning towards the DaVinci code, but haven't pushed the button on it, as I know it would kill a lot of old dears/volunteers in thrift/charity shops.

Oh and one acception, anyone who works in a bookshop gets automatic immunity form the effect.

Think of it as the reverse of book burning, books that burn people.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DontSayBanana

Twilight.  Twilight, Twilight, Twilight.  Did I mention Twilight?  Twilight.
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: mongers on October 18, 2012, 04:48:49 PM
At the moment I'm leaning towards the DaVinci code, but haven't pushed the button on it, as I know it would kill a lot of old dears/volunteers in thrift/charity shops.

That might have been topical like 9 years ago.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

DaVinci Code was a perfectly serviceable paperback thriller.  Twilight is tween romance, and is pretty standard for the genre.

Please try and come up with something slightly more evil - perhaps Mein Kampf of Mao's Little Red Book.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2012, 04:55:33 PM
DaVinci Code was a perfectly serviceable paperback thriller.  Twilight is tween romance, and is pretty standard for the genre.

Please try and come up with something slightly more evil - perhaps Mein Kampf of Mao's Little Red Book.

With Twilight, we'd get the added bonus of nailing anyone with a copy of 50 Shades of Grey for free.  It's standard for the genre, but the readership it got is anything but.
Experience bij!

DGuller

:yes: Or Atlas Shrugged.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on October 18, 2012, 05:09:32 PM
:yes: Or Atlas Shrugged.

Hmm, that could be an excellent candidate, too.  Problem is, it wouldn't get the morons who've seen the movie but not read the book.
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

DontSayBanana

Just proposed this to my mom, and she had a good answer: Dianetics. :lol:
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on October 18, 2012, 04:48:49 PM
Inspired by Raz's genocide threat, I propose this question, you have to choose a particular book title, one that's been reprinted at least three times, and everyone within 10 feet of a copy of the title at the specified moment, gets erased from the face of the earth, so which book is it ?

At the moment I'm leaning towards the DaVinci code,

Typical Mongers bait and switch.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Don't anybody dare say the Koran.  They keep a copy in courtrooms.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2012, 05:35:59 PM
Don't anybody dare say the Koran.  They keep a copy in courtrooms.

Koran.

There. Lawyers vaporized.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Silly.  I'd bet $100 that most copies of Hitler's or Mao's works are owned by people with a mere historical interest in the Third Reich or PRC.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)