Library of Congress Digitizes HQ Color Photos from the 30s-40s

Started by jimmy olsen, October 16, 2012, 09:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 16, 2012, 09:12:29 PM
Fucking awesome stuff here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress/sets/72157603671370361/

You missed out the u.  ;)

Oh and these were posted about a while back on Languish. 

They're just early Kodachromes, a remarkably stable image storage medium; they're a quite a few of the later years of Nazi germany.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

OttoVonBismarck

What's weird is some of the farm and factory buildings, I've been through Appalachian towns where they're still standing. I knew they looked dilapidated and shitty now because they've been rotting for generations, but it's surprising to see they looked like shit back when they were working structures as well.  :D

mongers

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 16, 2012, 10:42:08 PM
What's weird is some of the farm and factory buildings, I've been through Appalachian towns where they're still standing. I knew they looked dilapidated and shitty now because they've been rotting for generations, but it's surprising to see they looked like shit back when they were working structures as well.  :D

Yeah, American shit its better built than the shit in the rest of the world.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Pedrito

Quote from: mongers on October 16, 2012, 10:32:35 PM
They're just early Kodachromes, a remarkably stable image storage medium; they're a quite a few of the later years of Nazi germany.

Kodachrome :wub:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?