News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RPG Portraits

Started by Oexmelin, May 14, 2009, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Anyone knows where to find portraits / headshots for use in a Pen and Paper (i.e., not computer) RPG game on the web ?

Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

First result on google:
http://portraitadoption.com/

Err, it comes with hefty prices, though. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Oexmelin

Ok, I'll clarify.

I do not want to commission portraits for character sheets, I do not want to spend hundreds of dollars on a single image: I would simply like B&W headshots that I could use for a particular scenario of mine.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

When you have your char/class I'd simply start Googling images till finding something that fits. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 14, 2009, 02:11:47 PM
Ok, I'll clarify.

I do not want to commission portraits for character sheets, I do not want to spend hundreds of dollars on a single image: I would simply like B&W headshots that I could use for a particular scenario of mine.

I hadn't seen that it was a pay site until after I posted the link.  :blush:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

There are tons of portraits for use for the old infinity engine games out there.

Like here: http://www.vaulscastle.com/games/bg/bgportraits.htm
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Oexmelin

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 14, 2009, 02:13:04 PM
Go thru deviantart?

I do not have the thousands of years required.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

Pedrito

:lol: I like the elven ranger with the pointy ears!

l.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ape

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 14, 2009, 02:07:34 PM
Anyone knows where to find portraits / headshots for use in a Pen and Paper (i.e., not computer) RPG game on the web ?

Use a decent mmorpg to create characters and do some screenshots. I use WAR whenever I need a new character portrait :thumbsup: