News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Has Morrisey always been such a douche?

Started by Martinus, October 12, 2012, 01:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2012, 09:32:06 AM
I gotta say that I used to be sympathetically neutral about vegetarians and vegans, but having witnessed some of them "in action", I'm beginning to think that they are dangerous fanatics that should be purged.

Be kind, they're often chronically lacking in vital vitamins and minerals which leads to mental health issues.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Habbaku

Don't hate meat; hate Morrissey.

Answer : Yes, he's pretty much always been like that.  Not that he doesn't produce good music despite it, but, then, most musicians are nuts in their own special way.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on October 12, 2012, 11:21:56 AM
Answer : Yes, he's pretty much always been like that.

No shit.  I guess Marti slept through the 80s.

"Hey, these guys called the 'Sex Pistols'...are they, like, non-conformists or something?"

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Well Morrissey's more open about his sexuality now. So he's probably just appeared on the Martidar : P
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 12, 2012, 11:33:11 AM
Well Morrissey's more open about his sexuality now. So he's probably just appeared on the Martidar : P

He fucks lettuce?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on October 12, 2012, 11:41:54 AM

He fucks lettuce?

Squee
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Um, for the old Soccer Moms type out here... Who's Morrisey? :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I was amused when he forbade Cameron from liking the Smiths.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Still won't fess up to mounting Michael Stipe like Secretariat.

merithyn

PDH

Christ, Meri....you never heard of the Smiths?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: PDH on October 12, 2012, 12:13:33 PM
Christ, Meri....you never heard of the Smiths?

Dunno. I'm really bad at knowing band names. Hum a few bars of something they've done and I'll let you know.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on October 12, 2012, 11:55:17 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2012, 11:47:31 AM
Quote from: merithyn on October 12, 2012, 11:43:58 AM
Um, for the old Soccer Moms type out here... Who's Morrisey? :unsure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrisey

Yeah, no idea who he is. Sounds like a good thing. :)

Though not sure Soccer Moms wouldn't know about him given that The Smiths are from the 80s.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.