News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Has Morrisey always been such a douche?

Started by Martinus, October 12, 2012, 01:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I just saw Stephen Colbert interview him, and the guy is a humourless, dour douchebag. Hell, Salman Rushdie was more of a jokester, and he has a fatwa on his head.

Sheilbh

Yes.  He has.  But The Smiths were great.

Salman's always been very funny.
Let's bomb Russia!

Brazen

I told you years ago why you shouldn't admire Morrisey, Mart, especially his opinion on immigration.

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2012, 01:57:33 AM
I just saw Stephen Colbert interview him, and the guy is a humourless, dour douchebag. Hell, Salman Rushdie was more of a jokester, and he has a fatwa on his head.

Was he worse than Assange?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

What was he being interviewed for?
And what douchy thing did he say? I guess since it has Marty up something about his sexuality?

But yes, he has always been a complete and utter pretentious dick.
Yet awesome at the same time.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on October 12, 2012, 05:54:38 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2012, 01:57:33 AM

Was he worse than Assange?

Much worse. Assange did not go off tangent on tiresome tirades that had very little to do with questions asked by Colbert. Plus he (Morrisey) apparently required the entire building to be meat-free while he is there.

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on October 12, 2012, 06:15:48 AM
What was he being interviewed for?
And what douchy thing did he say? I guess since it has Marty up something about his sexuality?

But yes, he has always been a complete and utter pretentious dick.
Yet awesome at the same time.

When asked about the UK, he called it a dictatorship. When Colbert jokingly said that because of Morrisey's requirement that the building is "meat free" while he is there, Colbert missed his BLT sandwich and may pass out, he told Colbert not to joke about things like that.

Martinus

I gotta say that I used to be sympathetically neutral about vegetarians and vegans, but having witnessed some of them "in action", I'm beginning to think that they are dangerous fanatics that should be purged.

Ed Anger

I ate a bacon and scrambled egg pita this morning.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Morrissey & I probably share ancestors. In their name, I am sorry. Also I will eat half a steak & throw the rest out in a balancing act to his BS vegan agenda.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2012, 09:32:06 AM
I gotta say that I used to be sympathetically neutral about vegetarians and vegans, but having witnessed some of them "in action", I'm beginning to think that they are dangerous fanatics that should be purged.

Yes, let's purge the whole lot of them because a few extremists are idiots. After all, if a few extremists are idiots, they must all be dangerous fanatics. :rolleyes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on October 12, 2012, 10:06:43 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 12, 2012, 09:32:06 AM

Yes, let's purge the whole lot of them because a few extremists are idiots. After all, if a few extremists are idiots, they must all be dangerous fanatics. :rolleyes:
Don't forget Ide.  He also favours air forces, and so is double crazy.  And he's a lawyer.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on October 12, 2012, 10:06:43 AM

Marty does not believe in half measures.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."