How should I deal with the constant Sherrod Brown campaign calls?

Started by Ed Anger, October 09, 2012, 06:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should I deal with the constant Sherrod Brown campaign calls?

Blow a whistle into the phone
2 (11.1%)
Blow an airhorn into the phone
2 (11.1%)
Sexually harass the campaign worker
8 (44.4%)
Other
2 (11.1%)
Profanity laden tirade
4 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2012, 10:52:30 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 10, 2012, 10:51:38 AM
Were you older or younger?

Older, of course.  That's the burden big brothers must carry.

I don't have a sister, did you get to beat up any of her boyfriends?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on October 10, 2012, 05:54:00 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2012, 10:52:30 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 10, 2012, 10:51:38 AM
Were you older or younger?

Older, of course.  That's the burden big brothers must carry.

I don't have a sister, did you get to beat up any of her boyfriends?

Nah, they were all pretty cool.  Never had any problems, she always picked decent guys.

Did let the dog out on a couple once in a while when they pulled up to the house, though.  All bark no bite, but they didn't know that.  Windows got rolled up in a fucking hurry.   :lol:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 10, 2012, 09:30:29 AM
Got a call at breakfast time. Gave the phone to one of the twins and told her to tell the man about my little pony.

I have introduced unrestricted pony warfare.
My God! You're a monster! :o

:lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

All of the above.

Oh. And try and turn the tables and get the caller to vote for the other guy.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I asked a mandel guy which was better, PAC MAN or GORF. When he said he didn't know what GORF was, I spent the next few minutes extolling the wonders of GORF, then calling him an ignorant assturd and hung up.

Next one gets the I'm Batman routine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Next time I get another cold call for aluminum siding or driveway blacktopping, I'm going to set up an estimate for my condo.

Viking

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 11, 2012, 07:45:53 AM
I asked a mandel guy which was better, PAC MAN or GORF. When he said he didn't know what GORF was, I spent the next few minutes extolling the wonders of GORF, then calling him an ignorant assturd and hung up.

Next one gets the I'm Batman routine.

how about asking them to deliver some campaign literature and give your address somewhere out in the boonies?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 07:47:33 AM
Next time I get another cold call for aluminum siding or driveway blacktopping, I'm going to set up an estimate for my condo.

I wouldn't. They don't get it at all.
My parents kept getting harassed by loft insulation people offering a free estimate, yadda yadda. He kept explaining to them that our house doesn't have a loft, we have a flat roof, but they persisted.
He eventually gave in and said fine, send someone round....Come a few days later and my mam notices two very confused men standing outside the house, looking at the roof and checking their paperwork.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Got a recorded call, saying I should vote on the 7th.

Considering the county I'm in, I bet it was from lefties. My rights: violated.

DontSayBanana

Ed, there's nothing "unrestricted" about your pony warfare if you haven't even dropped the I'm Batman routine yet.  Some other good ones, so they know right away you're going to fuck with them:

"Autobot Headquarters.  Optimus Prime speaking."
"City morgue- you dice 'em, we ice 'em."
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Or the classic, "Can't... talk... unf... fucking... horse"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I actually gave up fucking with them. Now I'm messing with the IGS energy salesmen who try to come to the door. One of those assholes tried to climb my gate.

He got a surprise.

daveracher

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 27, 2012, 12:14:44 PM
I actually gave up fucking with them. Now I'm messing with the IGS energy salesmen who try to come to the door. One of those assholes tried to climb my gate.

He got a surprise.

Rock salt or buckshot?
Birdman of Burlington