SC Case Over White Student Who Claims Race Cost Her Admission to UT

Started by garbon, October 09, 2012, 11:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2012, 02:15:24 PM
:lol:

LSU seems like a pretty fun school to have to settle for if you don't get your first choice.

It isn't bad at all.  I have a couple buddies who went to LSU after high school and had a blast.

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 11, 2012, 02:51:54 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2012, 02:15:24 PM
:lol:

LSU seems like a pretty fun school to have to settle for if you don't get your first choice.

It isn't bad at all.  I have a couple buddies who went to LSU after high school and had a blast.

I swung through their campus in August when I need to kill some time before a flight home.  Their fall term had not yet started but there was plenty of social activity going on.  Made me miss college (even more than I miss it every day of my life) and lament the fact that I didn't go to a 'fun' school.

I mean, I had a blast at Delaware and all but I always felt like I was missing out on some things. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

UT is poon city. Young healthy Texas girls with fine asses in cowboy boots.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 11, 2012, 03:43:23 PM

No shit man the ladies here are amazing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on October 11, 2012, 03:48:39 PM

Too bad Austin itself is a city full of fruit loops.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 11, 2012, 03:50:05 PM

Sounds like Boulder.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2012, 03:56:29 PM

Sounds like Boulder.

A giant Yellow Springs Ohio. Full of Meri's praying to trees and shit.

Valmy

Yeah but they are fun fruitloops.  People here are laid back and friendly which is how I like it, nobody here gives you any shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2012, 03:56:29 PM
Sounds like Boulder.

Not really.  People in Boulder try way too hard.  Nobody in Austin tries hard.

Admiral Yi

One of the most impressive things to me about Austin was the presence of non fat Mexican chicks.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 02:12:29 PMSure but for how long do current/future non-ethnic students have to get handicapped by that?

This is classic garbo stuff. You made it through with affirmative action in your favour, time to slam that door behind you :lol:

mongers

I feel I got into my university despite the idiot affirmative action program; though thinking back on it it wasn't an idiotic policy and I might actually have benefited from it in the end.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on October 11, 2012, 04:28:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2012, 02:12:29 PMSure but for how long do current/future non-ethnic students have to get handicapped by that?

This is classic garbo stuff. You made it through with affirmative action in your favour, time to slam that door behind you :lol:

Actually I never thought it was particularly fair when I was doing it either - but why would I turn down a handout? :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 11, 2012, 04:28:05 PM
One of the most impressive things to me about Austin was the presence of non fat Mexican chicks.

Pricks up ears, do tell more.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 11, 2012, 04:28:05 PM

Yeah Latinas are wonderful when they take care of themselves.  They dress wonderfully to.  I dated some when I was dating but the ones I dated were completely nutty people.