News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Roach-Eating Contest Goes Wrong

Started by Malthus, October 09, 2012, 08:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The only way to win is not to play, evidently.  :(

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-deerfield-roach-eating-death-20121008,0,5241687.story

Quote(The) man, was "the life of the party," stuffing handfuls of insects into his mouth with about 30 other contestants vying for the grand prize of a python at the Ben Siegel Reptile Store, Broward Sheriff's investigators said.Shortly after the contest was over, Archbold wasn't feeling well and began to regurgitate. He collapsed outside the store and later died at a hospital, investigators said.

Mmmm, roach regurgitation from a dying man. Sounds like the start of a new contest ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

I am shocked that a roach-eating contest ended poorly.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on October 09, 2012, 09:03:33 AM
I am shocked that a roach-eating contest ended poorly.
Yeah, it bugs me out.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on October 09, 2012, 08:47:15 AM
The only way to win is not to play, evidently.  :(

Woot, I like winning things.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

They ate roaches to get a lousy snake?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 09, 2012, 09:33:07 AM
Did he win?

Yup.

It sure would suck to die after eating roaches in a roach-eating contest - and come in second:(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Darth Wagtaros

Hopefully they clean him out good enough so roaches don't boil out of him during the funeral from the eggs hatching and heating their way through his corpse. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY-QBvy3lR8
PDH!

Martinus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 09, 2012, 10:02:47 AM
Hopefully they clean him out good enough so roaches don't boil out of him during the funeral from the eggs hatching and heating their way through his corpse. 

Why would you hope that? That would be cool.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Martinus on October 09, 2012, 10:51:01 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 09, 2012, 10:02:47 AM

Why would you hope that? That would be cool.
I'll admit it would.
PDH!

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on October 09, 2012, 09:56:24 AM
Did he win?

Yup.

It sure would suck to die after eating roaches in a roach-eating contest - and come in second:(

Who gets the snake?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 09, 2012, 12:52:00 PM
Did he win?

Yup.

Who gets the snake?

Presumably, it will form part of the dead guy's estate.

Meaning, the lawyers will get it.  ;)

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Malthus on October 09, 2012, 12:54:22 PM
Did he win?

Yup.

Who gets the snake?

They already are snakes.
PDH!

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on October 09, 2012, 12:54:22 PM
Did he win?

Yup.

Who gets the snake?

I should have known. <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom