Yes or Maybe
12 (40%)
No
10 (33.3%)
Not married but like to vote
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Capetan Mihali

My granddad picked up a new 60-something girlfriend (quelle scandale! :o)...maybe 2 years tops after my beloved grandmother bit it from Alzheimer's and pancreatic cancer.  It was when he was 75 or 76, after getting amazingly lucky with his lung cancer diagnosis, cutting a chunk of his lung out and managing the COPD. 

The new relationship didn't seem to bother anybody, other than the usual family backbiting about her personality, mannerisms, driving habits, generic bullshit.  The only funny part is the cohabitation, but even though he's super conservative Republican party man (e.g. a framed watercolor of Ronald Reagan and a framed Barry Goldwater personally signed form letter in the bathroom), none of my mother's family are religious.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 09, 2012, 12:20:06 AM
(e.g. a framed watercolor of Ronald Reagan and a framed Barry Goldwater personally signed form letter in the bathroom

Awesome.

Phillip V

Well, having a girlfriend after being widowed is easy. Heck, you can have a girlfriend while married! ;)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 09, 2012, 12:23:09 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 09, 2012, 12:20:06 AM
(e.g. a framed watercolor of Ronald Reagan and a framed Barry Goldwater personally signed form letter in the bathroom.

Awesome.

The watercolor is painted across the front page of the November 8, 1980, Wall Street Journal.  I had a pic of it somewhere.  It's amazing.  Not to mention all the John Wayne portraits around the house.

EDIT: I'll always remember the caption from taking so many dumps right next to it: Reagan wins in a landslide; GOP takes Democratic strongholds in the South; Anderson was not a factor.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on October 08, 2012, 09:22:26 PM
There's little actual point to marriage these days so meh, seems a bit of a waste of money.

Right so if you live with a woman for 20 years and she dies would you consider doing it again?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 08, 2012, 09:20:11 PM
What are you, a teenage girl?

And if so, show us your tits.

Me living alone is just bad news, I know this from experience.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on October 09, 2012, 12:29:12 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 08, 2012, 09:22:26 PM
There's little actual point to marriage these days so meh, seems a bit of a waste of money.

Right so if you live with a woman for 20 years and she dies would you consider doing it again?
Yes.
I guess.
Impossible for me to say really though. I don't think I'd be capable of such a relationship in the first place.
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Nah, nothing to do with dying, just wouldn't get married again. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for marriage, but one's enough.

My dad's girlfriend is 30 years younger than him and despite her dropping heavy hints about cohabiting (they currently live five doors away) and marriage he's told me if he ever says he's getting married I'm to lock him up in a home and throw away the key.

Phillip V

Quote from: Brazen on October 09, 2012, 05:01:16 AM
Nah, nothing to do with dying, just wouldn't get married again. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for marriage, but one's enough.

My dad's girlfriend is 30 years younger than him and despite her dropping heavy hints about cohabiting (they currently live five doors away) and marriage he's told me if he ever says he's getting married I'm to lock him up in a home and throw away the key.
Does he drop heavy "NO"s to put an end to her hinting?

Camerus

If I liked it the previous time around, I'd do it again.

Otherwise, I'd simply enjoy my fortress of solitude.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 09, 2012, 12:30:29 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 08, 2012, 09:20:11 PM
What are you, a teenage girl?

And if so, show us your tits.

Me living alone is just bad news, I know this from experience.

Never figured you for an emotional cripple.   :(  My condolences.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 09, 2012, 06:04:21 AM
Never figured you for an emotional cripple.   :(  My condolences.

While I certainly love company it is not really related to emotions.  Why does this upset you so much?  I ain't going to live with you.

I am still confused what teenage girls have to do with this.  :P

Eddie Teach

Teenage girls are noted for being socially active constantly, chatting for hours on the phone, that kinda thing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 09, 2012, 07:57:55 AM
Teenage girls are noted for being socially active constantly, chatting for hours on the phone, that kinda thing.

If I was that I certainly would have no problem living alone.  If I am by myself I end up playing too many video games, oversleeping, not going out much and generally my quality of life just goes to shit. 

merithyn

Quote from: Jaron on October 08, 2012, 08:36:53 PM
@Meri/Max - I enjoyed your different takes on the situation

I'm counting down until it's just Max and me in the house so that we no longer have to fight to keep the house clean. Should he die before me, why would I invite another person in who could potentially make more of a mess? Besides, I've spent my entire life living with others, which means a lifetime of compromise. It wouldn't bother me to live alone, I don't think.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...