12 (40%)
No
10 (33.3%)
Not married but like to vote
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Sheilbh

Yeah.  My dad did, thus me :mellow:

So I can't see a reason not to.  I think the difficult bit would actually be seeing someone after you've been widowed.  If you can do that and things go well I think remarriage would be the natural step.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jaron

@Meri/Max - I enjoyed your different takes on the situation

@Sheilbh - I'm glad you're here. :)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Lettow77

My father was particular about staying in a marriage he despised from duty, and also was against remarrying after her death. What my father thought was decent and just is a strong moral impetus for me, so I'd abide by it.

For such an unhappy occasion, there is always: honourable seppuku :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Hedge all bets:  tell her "no, I won't remarry" before she dies, and when she does, then start dating.  That way, everybody's happy.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 08, 2012, 08:03:50 PM
Yes.  I hate living alone with a blind passion.

What are you, a teenage girl?

And if so, show us your tits.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 08, 2012, 09:04:53 PM
For such an unhappy occasion, there is always: honourable seppuku :)

By all means, don't wait for an unhappy occasion.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on October 08, 2012, 08:05:26 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 08, 2012, 08:04:04 PM
As with getting married the first time it depends if one of us needs a visa.

Ok if you are too badass and post-modern and shit just come up with whatever analog the cool kids are doing these days.  If you cohabitate
Did the end of your sentence get cut off there?

Its nothing to do with trying to be cool or any of that, getting married is quite in vogue actually.  Quite the opposite really, I don't want to do something just because its the cool thing to do. There's little actual point to marriage these days so meh, seems a bit of a waste of money.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Does the answer "use it to generate pity sex" fall into the ambit of the question?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on October 08, 2012, 09:24:21 PM
Does the answer "use it to generate pity sex" fall into the ambit of the question?

Yes, it does.

Lettow77

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 08, 2012, 09:20:50 PM
By all means, don't wait for an unhappy occasion.

Life is fleeting and my acceptance of the transience of it gives me a sense of security- knowing that I don't have any commitments and nothing important needs me is a tremendous comfort. It is a solace to know I am not tethered here, but choose to continue kicking around because of how happy living makes me. If it didn't, I wouldn't. I don't have to worry about illnesses, or someone I love dying, or losing the means to sustain my family, or anything like that. I have no hostages to fortune! How blessed a situation!

But then, I suppose I am merely speaking to the choir- you also enjoy the detachment of being single and unemployed, don't you?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 08, 2012, 09:44:34 PM
But then, I suppose I am merely speaking to the choir- you also enjoy the detachment of being single and unemployed, don't you?

It would be immensely more enjoyable if somebody in a Buick bounced you off their windshield.

Lettow77

Have I never mentioned how often I got hit by cars in memphis? I got sensationally good at it, really. Go limp and you bounce!

I told the involved parties not to worry about it every time. Its fun looking at some shady black man, and having the understanding "aint neither of us got no insurance" exchange. Then you go about your ways, no fuss. :)

I havent been hit by a car in four years or so, though..

HVC

Multiple head trauma's does explain a few things, at least.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadBurgerMaker

Well I guess it's good that you eventually decided to change things up after getting hit by so many cars.  :huh:

lustindarkness

I don't think there is another woman in the world crazy enough to marry me anyway.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom