Member of House Science Committee: Evolution is a lie from the pits of hell

Started by Syt, October 07, 2012, 01:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I find this man's theology heretical and false and demand a House Committee on Godly Truth to persecute him until he recants.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Fate

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 07, 2012, 09:26:42 PM
Am I the only one who finds it weirder that he's a doctor? :blink:
He graduated from a medical school in the deep south. So no, his beliefs are not at all weird. Rich Southerners are just as ignorant and backwards as poor Southerners.

Fate

Quote from: Martinus on October 08, 2012, 01:17:45 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on October 08, 2012, 01:07:39 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 08, 2012, 01:03:42 AM
I think it leads to a question if (and if so, when), personal views should disqualify a person from being able to engage in a certain profession?

Should someone be allowed to work as a medical doctor if he or she openly disagrees with some basic tenets of medical science? What about a biology teacher who thinks evolution is a lie from the pits of hell?
If doctor gets the job done well, then I don't care what they say.

A part of doctor's job is to build trust in patients. Someone who rejects basic tenets of his job does not build that trust. And I don't think it is a good idea to wait until the doctor fucks something up before firing him, when the signs of him not being properly educated are all over the place. It would be like letting an avowed pedophile work as a kindergarden teacher, as until he rapes a child, he should be allowed a free pass.

What about a biology teacher who believes in creationism, by the way? Or a priest who is openly an atheist?
His patients were/are for the most part extremely religious. He's from Georgia for Christ's sake. Anti-intellectualism would help him build rapport with his patients.