World of Warcraft hobby sparks US political row

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, October 05, 2012, 09:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Well Languish crashes and we lose most of the post regularly enough.:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on October 05, 2012, 05:44:12 PM
Well Languish crashes and we lose most of the post regularly enough.:D

Hmm, maybe Dorsey and Hortlund have been responsible for those ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Maybe Mongers is too quick to point the finger.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 05, 2012, 09:36:59 AM
Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2012, 09:35:54 AM
"I think it's weird that I'm being targeted for playing online games," said Ms Lachowicz in a statement. "Apparently I'm in good company since there are 183 million other Americans who also enjoy online games.
LOL what?
Where did she get that from? That's ridiculous.
Is she counting everyone who has ever clicked on a flash game? As even then that seems large.

Do you know what the population of the US is? Do you know how many of those are on facebook?
Yes. No.
Half of the populatoin of the US are 'gamers'? No way.
Even half regularly play games on the internet is too much.
Really seems to be a case of anyone who has ever tried it.
██████
██████
██████

Kleves

:lol:

I also like how they claim DPS stands for "deaths per second."
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Eddie Teach

Martinus

Quote from: Kleves on October 06, 2012, 04:06:18 PM
:lol:

I also like how they claim DPS stands for "deaths per second."

I love how they added two swords there anyway. :D

This just proves that people aged 55+ need to have their voting rights taken from them - these people just do not get the modern information age.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 07, 2012, 02:45:28 AM
When did dps become deaths per second?  :huh:

When the republicans got their spin doctor hands on it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Let's be fair.  People who play MMORPGs are bad people, exactly the sort that we don't want having any say whatsoever in our countries.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on October 07, 2012, 12:01:41 PM
Let's be fair.  People who play MMORPGs are bad people, exactly the sort that we don't want having any say whatsoever in our countries.

:yes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on October 07, 2012, 12:01:41 PM

I just couldn't get into it.  If I play a PC game, I want to be the star.  Not some get ganked by some 13 year old who eats only pixie sticks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 07, 2012, 04:52:39 PM
I just couldn't get into it.  If I play a PC game, I want to be the star.  Not some get ganked by some 13 year old who eats only pixie sticks.

Those pixie-eating 13 year olds give a more interesting challenge than AI.

Razgovory

The AI doesn't shriek into my headphones either.  I stopped playing online shooters right about the time when headphone mics became popular.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017