World of Warcraft hobby sparks US political row

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, October 05, 2012, 09:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2012, 01:33:16 PM

:yeahright:

The "Yukon office" doesn't even have a website.  The national office has no such list of prosecutors.

http://www.justice.gov.yk.ca/index.html  I guess you could also look through the Yukon bar association.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on October 05, 2012, 02:09:21 PM

The "Yukon office" doesn't even have a website.  The national office has no such list of prosecutors.

http://www.justice.gov.yk.ca/index.html  I guess you could also look through the Yukon bar association.
Those are the territorial guys.  Beeb was a federal.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

I guess you could also look through the Yukon bar association.

He'll be under "M" for "Monarchist".

Barrister

I didn't work for the Yukon Territorial Government. :)  And even though I didn't work for them, I have looked through their web site and don't see a list of lawyers anywhere.

And there is no "Yukon bar association". :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2012, 12:05:38 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 05, 2012, 10:56:34 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 05, 2012, 10:31:28 AM
Well, it's not like we post here under our real names. Even if someone links the account here to a real person, there is no way to counter a claim that this is someone impersonating a real person etc.

Someone once told me "with internet technology, assume anyone will be able to find out anything". Emails, posts on chat websites - if someone really wants to find out, you won't have any privacy. Particularly in the future.

Yes and no.

The authorities. with sufficient effort and the proper warrants, could pretty much discover everything about your online activities.

Not so much if it's just a news reporter, or an opposing criminal.

I feel reasonably secure in my online posts - unless someone from Languish who knows my real name rats me out. <_<

Well, you do post a lot about your private life here.

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on October 05, 2012, 01:01:10 PM
Quote from: merithyn on October 05, 2012, 12:56:38 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 05, 2012, 12:14:03 PM
If you were a major politician ... say ten years down the road ... I would not bet that newshounds would not be able to find pretty well everything.

But you're talking about BB. When has he ever said anything that could be used against him? :blink:

Ohh... right.. he's a gamer..  :ph34r:

Well for one, he's associated with *us*.  :ph34r:

We are like an online version of a Hellfire Club. :P

The Brain

BB is one of the quicker ones to figure out I reckon.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on October 05, 2012, 03:54:47 PM
BB is one of the quicker ones to figure out I reckon.

Yeah, we know his job, his employer, his place of residence and the name of his son.

You would be much harder to find.  :ph34r:

PDH

And there are only 3 Jets fans, that narrows it down.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Quote from: PDH on October 05, 2012, 03:58:28 PM

Then why are tickets so hard to come by. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2012, 03:59:51 PM
Quote from: PDH on October 05, 2012, 03:58:28 PM

Then why are tickets so hard to come by. <_<

Stadium Jets play in has 2 seats?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2012, 02:19:08 PM

I didn't work for the Yukon Territorial Government. :)  And even though I didn't work for them, I have looked through their web site and don't see a list of lawyers anywhere.

And there is no "Yukon bar association". :)

Do you really want me to look around and find out who you are, or would you rather stop contradicting me so I'll leave you alone?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

For example, BB, your public profile on Facebook states you are a fan of Crusader Kings 2 (it only says three things you are a fan of, so it must be a big deal). Once someone digging up shit about you figures out you are BarristerBoy at Paradox forums (your avatar is the flag of Alberta - again, it's not something a non-Albertan would choose), it's really not that hard to track you here.