News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Princess Bride Sequel?

Started by jimmy olsen, October 03, 2012, 07:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Josephus on October 04, 2012, 05:35:29 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2012, 04:51:21 PM
I'd rather not see a nude scene if it's featuring Cary Elwes and Robin Wright.

Neither one of them incidentally has had promising careers since. The beauty of Princess Bride was its supporting cast, inconceivable as that may be.

:huh:

Cary Elwes has been in dozens of TV shows and movies since this, some of which were awesome. How could you possibly forget Robin Hood: Men in Tights?!

The problem with Cary is that he's so damn good at being a chameleon that it's easy not to know it's him until you see the credits role. I'd probably seen Liar, Liar a half-dozen times before I realized that it was Cary playing the mom's boyfriend.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on October 04, 2012, 10:28:08 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 04, 2012, 05:35:29 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2012, 04:51:21 PM
I'd rather not see a nude scene if it's featuring Cary Elwes and Robin Wright.

Neither one of them incidentally has had promising careers since. The beauty of Princess Bride was its supporting cast, inconceivable as that may be.

:huh:

Cary Elwes has been in dozens of TV shows and movies since this, some of which were awesome. How could you possibly forget Robin Hood: Men in Tights?!

The problem with Cary is that he's so damn good at being a chameleon that it's easy not to know it's him until you see the credits role. I'd probably seen Liar, Liar a half-dozen times before I realized that it was Cary playing the mom's boyfriend.

I was probably half way through Saw before I figured out who the actor was.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Just because you people can't figure it out :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

I  did  recognize him in Saw and I liked his  role on the Xfiles.

I didn't imply that they quit showbiz alltogether, but just that Princess Bride was the highlight of their respective careers. No one talks about Liar Liar as much as Princess Bride. I'm convinced.

I  mean look, here's  Cary's  resume:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000144/

Not earth shattering stuff.

Robin's is slightly better in that she did the Gump  girlfriend thing...but then kinda faltered  off:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000705/
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011