10/7 1:00 ET    Baltimore    -5    At Kansas City
10/7 4:05 ET    At Carolina    -3    Seattle
10/7 4:05 ET    Chicago    -5.5    At Jacksonville
10/7 4:25 ET    At New England    -7    Denver
10/7 4:25 ET    At San Francisco    -9.5    Buffalo
10/7 8:30 ET    At New Orleans    -3.5    San Diego

Monday Night Football
10/8 8:35 ET    Houston    -8    At NY Jets

Not even touching the Thursday night game, but I expect both SF and Houston to cover their spreads.  Simply playing too well.

Meanwhile....

QuoteRush Limbaugh: John Elway to hurt Romney in Ohio?

Rush Limbaugh called John Elway "gutsy" on Tuesday for supporting Mitt Romney, and wondered whether the NFL Hall of Fame quarterback's endorsement might hurt the GOP presidential nominee in Ohio.

"Elway's a gutsy guy anyway. He's showing up at a Romney rally. Now, owners, that's a different thing, like [Pittsburgh Steelers' owner] Dan Rooney is in the Obama tank in Pittsburgh," the conservative radio host said Tuesday on his program, according to a show transcript.

He added: "He can affect fans' attitude towards the team with his political views. He's loved and adored in Denver."

Elway, currently the Denver Broncos' executive vice president of football operations, endorsed Romney at a rally Monday.

Limbaugh said that the media might say the endorsement could hurt Romney in battleground Ohio, where Cleveland Browns fans might still "hate" Elway for "The Drive," the nickname for the game-tying, 98-yard drive he led against the home-team Browns in the 1987 AFC Championship. (The Broncos went on to win in overtime.)

"Hey, here's a question for you. Elway endorses Romney. Elway is hated in Ohio. Elway was the author of 'The Drive' against the Cleveland Browns, one of the most famous games in NFL history. So is Elway's endorsement of Romney gonna hurt Romney with Browns fans because the Browns are all important in Ohio, and they hate Elway? Well, I'm just throwing it out there. I mean it's the way the media might analyze this. I'm just trying to prepare you for what might come of this. It's the way they connect the dots," he said, laughing, according to the transcript. "I know it sounds ridiculous."

It was actually the 1986 season AFC Championship.  The 1987 season AFC Championship was The Fumble.  Playoff games are referred to by the seasons they are associated with, not the calendar date.  You Oxycotin fucker.

No mention of Elway affecting the evangelical vote in Colorado by getting rid of Tebow, though.  One would think that point would be more timely.

Valmy

I get a kick out of the Republicans always acting like they are some sort of persecuted minority and it is a brave and courageous thing to come out as a Republican.  OMG he supported one of the major two party candidates?  How...um...normal and uninteresting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2012, 09:01:42 AM
It was actually the 1986 season AFC Championship.  The 1987 season AFC Championship was The Fumble. 

:rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2012, 09:27:13 AM
It was actually the 1986 season AFC Championship.  The 1987 season AFC Championship was The Fumble. 

Don't you have a Tim Krumrie "Reset-A-Break" Hobby Kit model to put together or something?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2012, 09:50:43 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2012, 09:27:13 AM

Don't you have a Tim Krumrie "Reset-A-Break" Hobby Kit model to put together or something?

Krummie is hardcore.  My brother sent his crazy-ass dog to his farm for three weeks-- came back as the best-behaved dog you ever saw.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I seriously doubt many up there in Cleveland are even pondering voting for Mittens.

And the browns all important in Ohio? What a stupid fucking comment.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 03, 2012, 11:07:42 AM
I seriously doubt many up there in Cleveland are even pondering voting for Mittens.

Probably more Stillers fans in NE Ohio these days.  Not that that's a good thing.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2012, 11:09:03 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 03, 2012, 11:07:42 AM

Probably more Stillers fans in NE Ohio these days.  Not that that's a good thing.

Too many of the fuckers all over.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2012, 11:09:03 AM

Every damn sports bar in Austin is packed with Stillers fans whenever they play.  I just do not get it.  My relatives in Oklahoma who have never lived anywhere but Oklahoma are Steelers fans.  They really are the new cowgirls.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I'd like to see bipartisan efforts to stamp out that new menace.

MadBurgerMaker

The Texans cut QB John Beck to make room for S Troy Nolan.  Any Given Sunday scenario incoming.  Again.

CountDeMoney

Goddamn, poor John Beck.  Somewhere between college and the pros, he lost his career.

MadBurgerMaker

That little bit of time between the end of the college season and the combine is a helluva thing.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

This is weird, I now have the NFL Network, yet I can't see Thursday night Football on it. That's on Rogers Sportsnet.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.