How frequently do you stay in hotels that make you pay for the wifi?

Started by Martinus, October 03, 2012, 01:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Me wonders why Tim is spending time in Korean 'love motels'  :hmm:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jaron on October 04, 2012, 11:41:10 PM

All Korean hotels below 4 star level are essentially love hotels, although three star hotels will sometimes put on a veneer of respectability if they're going for the foreign tourist market.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 03, 2012, 01:47:33 PM
I have never made my decision based on wifi.  In fact I dont think I have known in advance whether it was free or not.
I don't either, but I make my decision based on the presence of bullshit fees.  It just rubs me the wrong way, because in effect it is deceptive advertising.  I only stay in hotels with bullshit fees if my employer pays for it.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on October 04, 2012, 11:41:10 PM

Are those the ones that charge hourly rates?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I have heard that the Japanese love hotels at least are cheaper than regular hotels and very good quality for the price.
When I went to Nara I stayed in a place which used to be a love hotel but was trying to go respectable and it was cheap as sin, like £6 more than a capsule hotel, but seemed like a really pricey place.
██████
██████
██████

Martim Silva

I wouldn't know. Our ISPs have agreements with operators in most worthwhile places, so when I ramp up my laptop, I'll always connect to my ISP's partner and skip the hotel's wi-fi service altogether.

Some years ago, I did have some connection problems and asked the concierge of the hotel I was in (a Sheraton), about their WiFi, and they did charge... but IIRC it was all quite confusing and that I had to tell them when and for how long I'd surfed, or somesuch.

I'm not sure about all the details, but I DO recall that I just went up to the room, connected my laptop and forgot all about it. Didn't pay anything.

garbon

So Hilton charged me. Weston is not because of membership in their loyalty program - though my floor also mentions it is preferred guest floor. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

I don't stay at hotels that are so classy you have to pay for wifi. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

I miss having a job that let me stay at Westins.  :(

I wonder if you can transfer Starwood points to another person.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.