The Great Debate Megathread! Black Lincoln versus whiter, richer Douglas!

Started by Sheilbh, October 02, 2012, 10:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

How does Romney think America is going to be able to afford all of that military spending ? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

This just in: Fox News is reporting a resounding Romney victory, "landing a number of punches".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on October 03, 2012, 09:33:30 PM
How does Romney think America is going to be able to afford all of that military spending ?

Doesn't matter.  Defense budget has nothing to do with the federal budget.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2012, 09:35:20 PM

Doesn't matter.  Defense budget has nothing to do with the federal budget.

:D

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

lustindarkness

By cutting PBS. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Sheilbh

Romney won and was very good.  But I don't think Obama lost - which is a bit like his strategy in the debates with Clinton and Romney's this year, that may be enough. 

God Sky News has got some idiotic woman in a bar in Shirlington, Virginia.  'You're an independent, undecided woman voter, who do you think won that?'  'I don't know.'
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

CNN breaks down the speaking time for the two candidates during the debate: Obama spoke for 45 minutes and 50 seconds, Romney for 38 minutes and 32 seconds.

mongers

I agree with the BBC US correspondent's assessment:

Mark Mardell BBC North America editor tweets: #debates Few will doubt Romney had the best of that debate animated, engaged and interrupting an over cautious President

Sheilbh

Interesting though, the undecided woman said she liked Romney's lines but didn't explain how he would do it.
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Carvill is saying that it felt like Romney was happy to be there and Obama wasn't so thrilled. I kind of agree with him. And all of the pundits on CNN are saying that Obama was far too professorial. I agree with both comments.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

I have to admit, I didn't think I'd hear a Presidential debate invoking "state's rights" in this day and age.

Got to tilt the debate to Romney myself, mainly because he showed up and the President didn't.   

Romney took control of the debate, beat up the moderator, and addressed the President directly.   Obama really failed to even bother to attack Romney on any of his well-known weaknesses, and it wasn't like Mittens didn't leave anything out there to attack.

CountDeMoney

FunkMonk

Romcon did well. He knew he had to go on the attack tonight and he delivered. Obama was too cautious and didn't press Romney when he could have. Also he seemed a little tired.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.